[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thankful/ unthankful thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 16991635._SX540_.jpg (23KB, 540x351px) Image search: [Google]
16991635._SX540_.jpg
23KB, 540x351px
What are some books recommended to you by /lit/ that you are thankful or unthankful for?

Just would like to say if it weren't for you guys I would have never found Metamorphosis by Kafka and i'm thankful for the heads up on it. Loved every second of it and considering doing a re read after The Trial. This book is the only one that actually brought me to tears ; _; poor Gregor.
>>
Thanks for this thread.

I'm really happy I read Stoner this year. Amazing book. Really turned me on to something great.
>>
>>8448589
>Just would like to say if it weren't for you guys I would have never found Metamorphosis by Kafka
???
>>
>>8448636
Maybe he wasn't into reading. It's not like Lit finds obscure treasures for people.
>>
someone recommended Knowledge of Hell by Antonio Lobo Antunes, and it turned out to be a load of rambling about how psychiatry is worse than war crimes, composed almost entirely of overblown, repetitive similes that barely made sense. and it swaps between first and third person at random, with no discernible logic whatsoever. and to top it off the narrator/protagonist is called Antonio Lobo Antunes. I gave up about 80 pages in.
>>
>>8448628
Also read that too. Great book.
>>
>>8448663
>Knowledge of hell
>Hell is the book

Sounds brilliant.
>>
>The Peregrine
>Stoner
>The Book of The New Sun
>Blood Meridian
>The Magus
>The New York Trilogy

Thanks /lit/
>>
Fell for The Trial meme by Kafka and found it a bit slow and boring. Not close to the masterpiece people keep hyping it up to be. Its an unfinished piece of shit quite frankly.
>>
>>8448718
The Peregrine is in my next order. Hopefully i'll enjoy it too.
>>
i am 50 pages into the trial and i'm confused . Is it supposed to be just a social and psychological commentary like the metamorphosis or should i take it literally? please don't spoil me
>>
>>8448945
>social and psychological commentary like the metamorphosis
>>
>>8448945
you'll kinda understand what it was trying to say when you finish it, but you also kinda won't
>>
>>8448953
didn't you get the parallels you fucking meme spouter?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.