[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is radical feminism just a meme movement? I've read "Unpacking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: guer.jpg (27KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
guer.jpg
27KB, 768x576px
Is radical feminism just a meme movement? I've read "Unpacking Queer Politics" and "Gender Hurts" by Sheila Jeffreys (reccomended by my normie feminist uni friends) to try and get a better grasp of the movement, but both of those just read like one of those Tumblr or Facebook political texts stretched over 200 pages and aren't nearly as well thought out or interesting as Judith Butler's or Bell Hooks' works.
Am I just reading the wrong author? If so, could you guys reccomend me anything better?
>>
Anarcha feminism >>> radfem

Though if you're reading any feminist works if should be Beauvoir
>>
>>8445223
>Beauvoir

OP, don't pollute your mind with the ramblings of this crazy slut.
>>
Germaine Greer
>>
Know how, in recent years, the general college population has been increasingly disenfranchised with "society" at large? This whole radfem movement is just a precipitation of that angst. People live boring, meaningless lives and want to blame their lives on a nebulous concept that sounds convincing enough to the average normie. That's all it is. Mopey, emotional idiots just want something to complain about. Women have every right that men do.
>>
>>8445212
How low do you have to sink to actually read books written by women?
>>
A poem for /lit/

>She took me home and spit in my drink
>She spoke of Germaine Grier and Freidan
>I don't know what to think
>I took her standing in the kitchen ass against the sink
>She draped me in a stole
(what kind?)
>I think Malaysian mink
>And threw me out into the snow; I waited for the bus
>Up come some values voters screaming, "are you one of us?"
>I said "of course man, can't you see I've got syntax reconstruction?"
(What does that mean?)
>No clue
>It must be illicit pentagram
(What are you talking about?)
>No clue
>>
>>8445212
Depends on which wave you're referring to.

Is the second wave of feminists a meme movement? No.

Is the third? Yes.
>>
>>8445212
How do you justify giving women the right to vote? Illlgical on many levels
>>
>>8447199
which levels, specifically?
>>
All feminism is a meme movement you swine.
>>
Radical feminism is just amoral sluts trying to justify hedonism

No radical feminist is even worth a debate, they are worse than trash. Not like you'd be able to extract anything meaningful out of them anyways
>>
I don't get how nice middle class girls fall for this stuff. I looked up Shelia Jeffrey's and her views are as extreme as any White Nationalist. Just replace gender with race and Jeffrey would have been some kind of nazi.
>>
All women are worthless whores

Take the redpill. They are but mere holes
>>
>>8447282
There is literally nothing wrong with being a white nationalist or a Nazi, you fucking libcuck retard.
>>
>>8445212
Man, I'd really like some cafe au lait right now.
>>
>>8447318
>feminist nu-male cuck detected
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.