[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep & Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: pedrodazed.jpg (27KB, 345x410px) Image search: [Google]
pedrodazed.jpg
27KB, 345x410px
What's the book that best replicates the feeling of a dreamstate during a long and peaceful sleep? Just had a wonderful sleep last night and want to experience the feeling in waking life.
>>
infinite jest
>>
>>8443944

This is the premise of Finnegans Wake; the 'night' to Ulysses' 'day', as it were.
>>
>>8443959

I won't understand a lick of it though, whereas my dreams last night had clear narratives.

Any other suggestions?
>>
>>8444040
just read anything while partly sleep deprived
>>
>>8443944
>>
>>8443944
Invisible Cities
>>
Four Dimensions Explained
>>
File: kfka.jpg (857KB, 1267x1920px) Image search: [Google]
kfka.jpg
857KB, 1267x1920px
>>8443944

The Castle by Kafka.
>>
>>8443944
recently i dreamed that some 80s looking cyberpunks called up my house and demanded a ransom for some man. i told them they had the wrong number and that i would call the police. they kept calling me back, telling me they were going to cut him up into a million pieces if i didn't give them money. then all the screens in my apartment switched to some static image of a pink pentagon and two blue triangles.

i went to the police station scared shitless and told them what happened and they laughed it off like movie cops do. only one person paid me any attention but he just told me there was nothing they could do without substantive evidence.

so i left the station and got on the train to go home. as i was walking to find my seat i saw a woman with earrings that looked exactly like the symbols i had seen at home. the train took off and i was panicking, trying to dial the officer i had just left but i couldn't remember the number. then the train derailed.

i was lying down in the wreck, the only survivor, when the two cyberpunk people came up to me and told me i could have prevented all those deaths if i had just given them what they wanted.

i got up and started walking back the station when i ran into the officer about halfway. he grabbed my collar and started shaking me, asking me where they had gone, the people who derailed the train. i told him i didn't know but that they gave me a box, and handed it to him. he opened it and inside were two eyes, each one a different color.

then i woke up.
>>
>>8443944

Finnegans Wake is an obvious answer, but I recommend Phantastes by George MacDonald.
>>
>>8444717
Nice dream.
>>
You guys have trisomy 21, I fucking swear.
>>
>>8444717

Nice.

Now imagine going to bed when you're 11 years old and your dream is that you undress and a big dude in underwear makes you take his underwear off and suck him off. Then you ride on his dick and wake up.

Years before I realized my orientation too. Dreams are cool as fuck.
>>
it's been awhile, though i recall andrei bely's petersburg touching upon the subject with great perception. if i'm not mistaken, it was regarding the priest's "second self". worth a read all the same.
>>
invisible cities - calvino
>>
>>8446214
>>8444630
I recommend any Calvino for this. Surreal and playful. A little meta at times (like all good dreams are).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.