[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

freedom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 297x170px
I want literature and philosophy discussing freedom, what it means to be free, etc.

I feel beholden to my wages, to my boss, to my desires, to a million things, some of it my fault; maybe all of it.

Point is, I need to read about varying ideas of freedom and how one is free.

Economic perspective, political perspective, psychological perspective, etc.

Anything welcome, but some things that wouldn't be new:

Rousseau
Arendt
Sartre
>>
>>8443579
>how one is free

You aren't. Read Nietzsche, Marx, and Freud.
>>
>>8443586
Done some Nietzsche, but I should probably read Capital, and I'll give Freud a go.
>>
>>8443579
Buddhism, mindfulness, meditation
Siddharta - Hesse
Rumi's poetry
Myth of Sisyphus
Aurelius
>>
If you're on /lit/ I'll assume you've probably read it, but Nineteen-Eighty-Four by George Orwell raises a lot of great questions about freedom. Also by Orwell, Down and Out in Paris and London is a great read and seems appropriate given how you seem to be 'beholden' to a particular way of life.

To an extent, I guess, The Myth of Sisyphus?

Fight Club?

The Underground by Dostoevsky has some interesting perspectives on the idea of freedom in the face of being kind of 'addicted' to feelings and emotion.
>>
>>8443579
Bergson
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.