[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is writing so draining?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tired.jpg (82KB, 497x406px) Image search: [Google]
tired.jpg
82KB, 497x406px
Why is writing so draining?
>>
File: You Are Being Monitored.jpg (65KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
You Are Being Monitored.jpg
65KB, 450x450px
>>8443409

If the tire ran into the bush they would switch lines, which would be funnier
>>
>>8443433
Damn this guy makes a great point
>>
>>8443433
Are you Shake-speare?
>>
>>8443487

Just wait til we get to talking about a bicycle running into a pair of bushes
In the presence of a nervous teepee and a disconcerted yurt
>>
>>8443546
?
>>
>>8443571

'I'm two tired'
'I'm two bushed'
'I'm two tents'

(*We're)
>>
>>8443409

I find it uplifting actually
>>
>>8443409
>>8443595

Interesting. This gets at the main distinction between introversion and extroversion: whether one feels more or less energized by writing. Those who feel more energetic are extroversed, and those for whom it's draining and who need to stop writing to recharge are introversed.
>>
>>8443433
Horrible opinion.
>>
>>8443615

I'm mr. Uplifted. To confirm or perhaps not, I'm a natural extrovert who until recently was a mistake misanthropic and an introvert. When I was shutting myself away from life, writing was a chore. Now I scribble ideas down freely. And they're better than the laborous earlier ones.
>>
>>8443409

I confess to being responsible for riffing on the puns in this thread. By way of making amends, let me suggest that being drained by writing could come from caring a great deal about quality and trying to get everything just right. This is what I tend to do and what often ends up limiting my writing. I try to just free write or to not edit while writing or pretend to 'write drunk', but it's hard to get the inner editor/superego to wait its turn.
>>
I find when you try and sublimate your mood
through creative outlets, such as writing, you feel
much more tired. If you write it for fun, for the
sheer enjoyment of it, you won't have those same
emotional releases.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.