[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone experience depression during summer? It's nearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: summer-01.jpg (146KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
summer-01.jpg
146KB, 1366x768px
Does anyone experience depression during summer? It's nearing the season's end here, but for the first time I am feeling stranded for no particular reason and I believe it's due to the summer.

Sob, it's hot, wah it's bright but it really fucks with me. I just got done reading through a big book that took me months, and I jumped right into another one that I am loving but can't seem to get myself to read these past few days because the light seems inescapable and it's only dark for 3-4 hours. Anyone else experience a similar discomfort with reading during this time of the season?
>>
>>8441346
congratulations you've found a way to complain about having too much light to read.
>>
>>8441346
My depression sets in in early July and doesn't relent until spring. Spring is a time of mania and beauty for me, the rest of the year is a write off where I attempt not to end in jail or homeless from outbursts of violence and general listlessness. This spring was particularly amazing and so the summer has been correspondingly very hard, and I have done some very bad things, but I think I am leveling out to a kind of more apathetic depression, which is a relief.
>>
>>8441346
>Seasonal depression

Kek, what are you, gay? A true intellectual (like myself) is depressed all year 'round.

A sorrow which does not stop for swirling snow or scorching sun, like a postman.

Ah, what a burden to bear! WOE IS ME.
>>
>>8441352
It's too much light for too long for everything!
>>
>>8441369
I'm always sad about something, but rarely sent into this kind of listlessness.

People wear depression like purple hearts or something, but I've always thought that unless you have a genetic disposition to severe depression that most people have the capacity to experience sadness at a really intense and opressive level, or depressed, even if they aren't currently or have yet to experience it. I don't know whether proudly-sad people are truly on a level I do not know, or just romantics about their sadness.
>>
>>8441346
I don't normally get Seasonal Affective disorder, but I did when I lived in Florida for a year because I was really missing two seasons.
>>
>>8441382
>or just romantics about their sadness.

i dont know about other people, but the more i read the more nostalgic and melancholic i get

every ended book is like digging a hole deeper in my heart, something dies.
>>
>>8441346
It's full body choke hot and I'm used to living at night and there isn't enough night and I can't sleep. Prosaic discomfort if you will but "will" looks too much like the sun arhh:::
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.