[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The copy of Ulysses I have is the Wordsworth edition (dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

The copy of Ulysses I have is the Wordsworth edition (dating around 2007), that I got from my dad, it was his copy. Should I buy a different one or should plebsworth do?
>>
File: 1471865237190.gif (2MB, 480x601px) Image search: [Google]
1471865237190.gif
2MB, 480x601px
>>8438550
If you were my son, I would beat you.
>>
>>8438578
He did
>>
>margaret thatcher

????????
>>
>>8438550
On just what level of irony is this picture operating?
>>
>>8438624

It's pretty meta. The picture is conflating a few of what are regarded in their respective corners are genuinely respectable, good leaders (Thatcher, who I assume is Golda Meir), dubious women (Marcos? A filipino? and Clinton) and execrable caricatures, especially Myra Hindley, at top left, the single most recognizable image in the bunch. I will even suggest that the maker is a good enough designer to have consciously put Hindley's mugshot at top left so as to immediately poison all else - a western eye will begin reading the image, composted of discrete blocks, at top-left. that all of the women in the photo have severe, old faces makes the milleu even less attractive.

The image can be read as being simply misogynist from a feminist point of view, by ironically implying by its very display of unattractive women, /that the feminists themselves know deep down inside are physically unattractive and consequently judge them to that effect/, that women should never be in power (see what effect this has on them). To be honest, the juxtaposition of Hindley with certain of the others seems incongruous insofar as the others have been powerful politicians and heads of state, whereas Hindley was simply a depraved accomplice, although this descriptor does match Hillary's attachment to Bill throughout their shared careers, while Bill has his way with much younger types.

On the flip side, an MRA type can see the image as a positive, subversive display of truth for much the same reasons. I guess that's the whore of babylon bottom left? And I don't know the Salome story.
>>
>>8440039
meme-analysis

I like it
>>
File: 1398293506748.jpg (88KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1398293506748.jpg
88KB, 400x400px
>>8438550
I'd just go with that one, so long as its unabridged.

It was your fathers after all, and that has some significance, even if its ironic or comical.

But if this one isn't a satisfactory edition, just buy a new one and keep the old one as well. You go the first one free, so it doesn't hurt you to buy a new one.

But so long as its good, just keep it.
>>
>>8438624
>>8438623
It litterally has a (child) murderer on the top left, so I would say: yes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.