[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Embarrasing thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: square.jpg (61KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
square.jpg
61KB, 306x306px
You probably daydream about being a successful author.

Describe that daydream. What would be your subject matter? What would the names of your novels be?
>>
>>8433841
>subject matter
Subjectivity of historical accounts, clash of morality and ethics, separation of academia and civilized world from lower classes, death of the rural community, and in addition just mash anything Faulkner with anything Marquez

>names
In a trilogy:

Independenta
Quadnaglia
The User
>>
File: 1470954290480.jpg (92KB, 1121x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1470954290480.jpg
92KB, 1121x1004px
>>8433841

i wouldn't publish novels, i would publish poetry.

I write it every single day. because i need to.
i've thought about publication, although i am not sure how i feel about it: is it selfish? if so, is that okay? what would really be my reasons for publishing? what would it accomplish? would i be okay with simply publishing, regardless of whether or not it was successful? etc etc.

poetry is what my inner life is about but i'm forced to live an existence focused on everything else. how many others endure the same?

If /lit/ has any wisdom to impart i would be grateful.

i have no idea what to do desu
>>
>>8433841

Coming of Age
>>
>>8433841

A synthwave neo-80s action novel that gets a movie adaptation. Not Kung Fury, but something that straddles the line between campy and serious. My one request would be that I get to choose, or at the very least recommend the music composer. It's Trevor Something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYOtZvwNCsc

The other novels I write would just be novels first, then whatever if they want to be. I have a lot of ideas spanning different genres and themes.

>don't know the title of the 80s one
>A Modern Adventure
>Are we Real?
>>
File: 1468383709918.jpg (114KB, 598x934px) Image search: [Google]
1468383709918.jpg
114KB, 598x934px
>>8433841
I'm being interviewed, they never have a name, and the questions are geared towards me dropping in hot /lit/ memes.
>>
>>8434088
I put poetry in my head to the tasks I'm doing. Not really wisdom, but do what you want with that granule of knowlage.
>>
>>8434088
You might (not) be a good poet, but if you wish to remain of your own clay and dole, then don't publish, my dear friend. Your pictured buddy even said in an interview that you lose essence when taken to corporate lit. level, so, IDK, do what you want?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.