[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this the worst novel from Dostoevsky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: the idiot.jpg (65KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
the idiot.jpg
65KB, 510x680px
>half the characters serve no purpose at all
>anecdotes and pages-long rants that don't lead anywhere (Hippolit)
>best moments in the novel are what is spoken about, not what is seen (Liev talking about a man about to be beheaded in France. I want to read THAT book, not this one)
>subplot that do not lead anywhere (the mystery of Liev's father)
>the second part is 85% filler (after Parfen tries to kill Liev, everything after is filler)
>the ending is universally hated (and for good motive)

The real Idiot is who spent so much time reading this.
>>
>>8433836
>The real Idiot is who spent so much time reading this.
bravo
>>
>>8433836
Demons was worse
>>
>>8434695
Kirilov's suicide and the At Tokhin's chapter though
>>
>>8434704
Kirilov was the best part of the book. But that caricature of Turgueniev. Also, why did Stavrogin an hero?
>>
>>8433836
The idiot is his best work.

Also, I hope you read the Avsey translation
>>
>>8434714
Did you read a version that included the banned chapter? He raped a little girl who then killed herself because, if I'm remembering correctly, she claimed he had killed God by raping her.
>>
>>8433836
Myshkin is Dostoevsky's greatest character, so you're wrong.
>>
>>8434731
He's the most loveable for sure.
>>
>>8434727
My version doesn't have it. Although it has an introduction by Somerset Maugham where he talks about the banned chapter. Read it after the book, though
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.