[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a piece of shit "book"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: letranger.jpg (90KB, 644x914px) Image search: [Google]
letranger.jpg
90KB, 644x914px
What a piece of shit "book"
>>
>>8433329

What a "piece" of shit book.
>>
What a "piece" of shit book
>>
Meursault is my fav character for sure because my fav thing in books is mundane events, and his book is full to the brim of it. Every chapter is like one of those novelty pet rocks, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla boredom and you fall back asleep. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this great mind, and you pick the book back up and BLAM you get a shot to the face and Hahahahahah you've been shot again by old Meursault, that card. "Woops, I was looking at the sun!" he says, half-conscious. Watch him as he takes his mom's corpse and displays her for you- left, right, center- "you think she died today? Or yesterday???" Pulls out a calendar. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again getting sleepy as his head snaps on the guillotine and rolls off right.
>>
The book has some problems. I suppose all novels do. It isn't a book for all readers, but for people interested in existentialism it's good place to start
>>
I feel like I didn't get "it". I mean maybe it just didn't affect me like other people cause i'm so jaded with existentialism and have felt that way since my teens? I don't know. I'm gonna read Sisyphus soon. Maybe I'll become more interested.
>>
"What" "a" "piece" "of" "shit" "post"
>>
It seems to me that many readers think The Stranger is lacking in some way or is unoriginal. To adopt this kind of opinion is to misapprehended the influence existentialism has had on western culture over the last fifty years.
>>
>>8433345
Magnificent meta-meme, mister!
>>
The whole idea is "look how fucked up shit gets if we give in to existential nihilism"
>>
>>8434983
and it makes for an incredibly boring read.
>>
Someone got the stranger as greentext screencap? My hdd was killed some time ago.
>>
Muh mum died today
>>
"Momma gon to sleep today. Idk maybe yesterday idkidk nigga stfu yo punk ass. Funeral tomoz or smthn. It's complicated ok nigga??? SHIT IS F-U-C-K-E-D UP. Jeeezuss."

How does /lit/ justify itself for liking such texts? No wonder this board is different from the rest of 4chan.
>>
Meursault is my fav character for sure because my fav thing in books is mundane events, and his book is full to the brim of it. Every chapter is like one of those novelty pet rocks, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla boredom and you fall back asleep. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this great mind, and you pick the book back up and BLAM you get a shot to the face and Hahahahahah you've been shot again by old Meursault, that card. "Woops, I was looking at the sun!" he says, half-conscious. Watch him as he takes his mom's corpse and displays her for you- left, right, center- "you think she died today? Or yesterday???" Pulls out a calendar. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again getting sleepy as his head snaps on the guillotine and rolls off right.
>>
>>8435233
>SHIT IS F-U-C-K-E-D UP. Jeeezuss."
But that's not his tone at all. He is detached.
>>
>>8435514
damn translations
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.