[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror and related fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: blackwood.jpg (65KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
blackwood.jpg
65KB, 500x311px
Hello lit.

I've seen some recent interest in this genre (it's that season), so I'm considering kicking off a regular series of threads — primarily for horror fiction, but also open to related genres. Shout out to the one anon who suggested it.

I'm thinking:
• Horror (probably the biggest group)
• Weird
• Paranormal
• Occult
• Dark fantasy
• Gothic
• Mystery
• Noir and crime
• Thriller
• Psychological
• Surreal
• Existential
• etc.

I realize this is niche (even on a board that is considered a boondocks of a site that is a cesspool). I just want to get the ball rolling. I'll self-bump if I have to, oh yes, you'll see.

Also, what's a good umbrella term for this sort of fiction?
>>
Anons?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horror_and_terror
>>
>>8433167
>in the dank windowless gloom of some intergalactic imageboard, in the hollow pearly whorls found in sewerlike catalogs, in starless cities of insanity, and in their slums . . . my awestruck little thread and I have gone frolicking.
>>
File: horror.jpg (342KB, 1378x1438px) Image search: [Google]
horror.jpg
342KB, 1378x1438px
Contribooting
>>
How do I get into Clive Barker?
I like his movies and the general tone a lot of his stuff seems to have.
I know movies are t the same but anyone got any advice.
>>
>>8434902
Start with his short story collection, Books of Blood I (there are 6), contains both of this best 2 stories.

After that, read the novel The Hellbound Heart, which most of his fans seem to have started with
>>
>>8434902
>>8434941

What this anon said. Then there's Imajica, but I didn't like it as much as his other stuff. It's more pure fantas than horror
>>
Cool thread. I read a lot of horror in high school, but began to move away from the stuff afterwards. Been thinking about re-exploring the genre lately. I have Book of Blood, Ghost Stories of MR James, King in Yellow, and Horror Stories of Robert E Howard on my radar. Plan to reread some Poe and Lovecraft too.

I've always kind of considered Kafka a horror writer. Any other authors who don't explicitly write within the genre who nonetheless capture some of its essential elements you guys can think of?
>>
>stephen king gets more replies than a /horror general/
>>
What's your favorite Lovecraft?

I really like The Festival, The Doom that Came to Sarnath, and The Mound.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.