[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Marx complete only one volume of Das Kapital in his lifetime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why did Marx complete only one volume of Das Kapital in his lifetime?
>>
Due to an illness of many years’ duration that again and again interrupted his work.
>>
>>8434011
Was that illness spend money fuck bitches?
>>
so his sister could fill in the blanks
>>
all marxists are lazy to be honest
>>
>>8433064
engels completed/edited the rest for him, though
>>
>>8433064
Because he spent 25 years writing the first 1000 plus page volume.
>>
Because he realized that after 1000 pages he would ensure 100 years of Marxist insanity before it fizzled away as a serious mode of thought or government.

A prank that is too short is smirked away. A prank that lasts too long ends up being incredibly unfunny. Marx wanted it to be just right, so we could kick back and watch in the 21st century as low IQ idiots in bad college programs and their ivory tower professors kick and scream as the last stronghold of Marxist thought. Other than retard countries in Latin America.
>>
>>8433064
Because unlike shitposters he did research
>>
>>8434605
I read
>poo poo pee pee
>>
>>8434632

Maybe you should read my post instead of what you posted in the critique thread a few minutes ago
>>
>>8433064

I think that a large part of it is that he was so thorough/autistic about getting things exactly-just-right, AFAHWC. Also it bears mentioning that he kept busy writing a bunch of other stuff, including a heap of unpublished stuff.

>>8434077

Notice how this comment in no way substantively contradicts anything that the OP had said, so the "though" is a a bit out of place. Although the OP's "complete" is also a bit out of place. It might have been better for the OP to clarify that V. 1 was the only one PUBLISHED during Marxs' lifetime. Marx still actually produced the vast bulk of the material that Engels put together as Vs . 2 & 3, however, and so in that sense was just shy of "completing" them while he was alive. But these only saw the light of day (that is, publication) after a ten-year interval following Marxs' death, which is rather a long while to be dead. So it's not even as if they were off to the publishers and then Marx got hit by a carriage or something. No, just V. 1 got published, which is the OP's correct point, and then it was years before the other two were posthumously put together. Even the closely related Gundrisse took many years to be unearthed and disseminated in the literature of the world.

Engels really was put on this earth to help Marx. Completing Marxs' Capital was one of the last things that Engels did on this earth; V. 3 was first published in 1894, and Engels promptly dropped dead months later in 1895, his work complete.

>>8434651

I'm not that guy but he did >>8434632 read your post >>8434605 accurately, so your "hurr u need 2 read my thing" thing is unwarranted. And before you try it, I don't even agree with Marxs' ideas. It's just that your post also happens to suck, and does amount to "I don't like thing", and one can clearly see that. That this is a perfectly reasonable attitude to have with respect to Marx in particular does not change that your post itself is whiny and annoying.
>>
>>8435140
marx also wrote theories of surplus value which is 1000+ pages. a thorough critique of major and minor economists, contemporary and going back to the physiocrats. edited by kautsky I think
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.