[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

What makes it so good? Why is this THE children's book?

Does it feel like a dream?
>>
>>8431428
Maybe because it's a patrician's choice in children's books
>>
>>8431428
It's been my favorite book for many years now. I just fell in love with the childishly curious voice Alice has in reaction to the absurd situations she finds herself in. Has there been a spiritual successor to Alice in Wonderland yet? It's kind of one of my dreams to write one, where a young girl dies, but forgets what happened to her, so she goes on a journey through an etheric afterlife filled with gods and other spirits gathering pieces of her memory before confronting God.
>>
File: 8151S8EVW1L.jpg (335KB, 1005x1603px) Image search: [Google]
8151S8EVW1L.jpg
335KB, 1005x1603px
Anything wrong with this edition?
>>
>>8431428
>Does it feel like a dream?
Considering that she wakes up at the end and it's all a fucking dream it's not surprising

It's top-tier because of the style of writing, and the fact that is canonical to the point that children's literature since has aped and referenced and built upon its features.
>>
>>8431735
Seconding this question
>>
Some 13 years ago I was working as a lowly administrative assistant in the UK's Lord Chancellor's Department. I remember on occasion being privy to seeing official internal documentation from the Cabinet Office and as a footnote throughout every page, in a teeny tiny font, ran the text of Alice in Wonderland. How's that for some Illuminati through the looking glass shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (266KB, 713x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 713x1000px
>>8431735
>>8432251
it's not this version
>>
>>8433214
I unironically bought this and have it on my shelf because I saw it on /a/ and liked the art AMA
>>
It was good because it comes from a guy that knows a lot of math (supposedly a "logic" guy) that decided to write some nonsense trippy shit for children. Deleuze used it in his search for the "transcedental"(not sure what is the name in english sorry), too. It's interesting and paradoxical, and the prose is pretty good.
>>
>>8433331
what's your favorite dinosaur
>>
>>8431428
It's about a cute girl doing cute things. Same reason anime is popular.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.