[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those that have written novels/novellas and the like, how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 307x164px
For those that have written novels/novellas and the like, how exactly did you go about planning it?

I'm currently in the foetal stage of trying to do this myself but am having a bit of trouble with keeping all my ideas organised in a coherent way.
>>
Just write everything down and figure it out later
>>
>>8429520
I just started out with a few bullet points in a word file, then eventually expanded the ideas and characters into a rough outline of each chapter (approx. 3-5 sentences for each one).
>>
File: pepethefrog.jpg (28KB, 975x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepethefrog.jpg
28KB, 975x600px
>>8429520
Having structure. Read any books or watch a movie for you to see it faster. Let me take The Fault in Our Stars as an example.

>desire
>conflict
>resolution

First of all, you need a scene to hook up the readers and setup the character (he / she needs to be relatable or at least make us care for him / her).

John Green introduces Hazel Grace Lancaster early on in the novel, a young independant smart girl who is sick (makes us feel sorry and care for her) and lonely because no boyfriend (makes us relate to her because book readers are just people who lack sexual activity).

She meets fellow cancer survival Augustus. They both want to know the ending of this book that a /r9k/ writer is prepping in his comfy Amsterdam apartment.

But her implicit desire is to get laid with a hot Chad from /fit/ so her life has some gratification.

>conflict

Hazel gets sick all of a sudden and it makes her feel like she's a grenade that will blow up and ruin Chad's life. She doesn't want that and becomes sad.

They fight off the problem and prove that love survives everything.

But then in the end of the second act, Augustus (Chad) reveals that he is the one who is sick and is going to die. So we need to keep reading this shitty book.

>resolution

Augustus dies but Hazel realizes that despite of everything, she got gratification enough and that he was super great and the best person ever. And then she improves and becomes more mature herself (this is called an arch, when a character changes).

See, it's not so hard. Bravo, John Green!
>>
Ideas kill the project. What about you start writing and see how it turns out.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.