[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dystopian books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Aleppo-4.jpg (185KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Aleppo-4.jpg
185KB, 1200x675px
Hello, i'm just wondering if you guys could share some good dystopian books with me. I've already read animal farm, 1984, and the giver.

also dystopia themed book thread?
>>
>>8428605
a brave new world, fahrenheit 451, we
>>
>>8428692
451 isn't that good, and Bradbury was a fucking idiot.

>>8428605
Tbqhwyf I kind of thought White Noise saw the postmodern world as being dystopian or post-apocalyptic. Not in genre but in spirit.
>>
>>8428605
The Handmaid's Tale
>>
Wasted World How Our Consumption Challenges the Planet

This is the real stuff.

Also check out political philosopher John Gray.
>>
>>8428605
riddley walker
>>
>>8428919
not who you replied to, but I thought that the first 1/3 (at most) of Fahrenheit 451 was good, and it had some interesting ideas. however it definitely shouldve just been a short story. the quality of it really spiraled.
>>
>>8428605
Darkness at Noon
>>
>>84286
McCarthy's road
>>
>>8428605
any book based in Mexico. Any book based in the middle east.

>mfw autocorrect replaced east with waste

YOU SEE!?
>>
The MaddAddam books aren't amazing, but they're better than a lot of the other "dystopian" books that have been shitting up bookstore shelves since Hunger Games got big.
>>
>>8428605
Wise Blood can be seen as dystopian through the religious parody but it's got other things going for it.
>>
City of Ember?
>>
The Sheep look up by John Brunner?
>>
>>8428605
Anthem
>>
Le morte d'Arthur.
>>
Snowcrash
>>
>>8428605

Speaking of your pic, there anything dystopian novelwise of something like the Yugoslavian wars, Lebanese civil war, Syrian civil war, ect?
>>
>>8430999
>Lebanese civil war

there is a lot of fiction set in the lebanese war but most of it is published only in french or arabic. you could have a look at the librairie antoine website (well known beirut bookshop) http://www.antoineonline.com/

there is a book of reasonably good short stories set in beirut, some of which could be said to be dystopian- "beirut noir" edited by iman humaydan (it's one of a series of "....noir" books set in exotic cities of the world)

i read a couple of non-fiction books about lebanon while i was working there for a bit. my favourite was "lebanon through writer's eyes" a collection of essays by various authors
>>
>>8429917
I enjoyed this series when I was a kid, unfortunately became a meh movie.
>>8430942
Just finished reading this, it was pretty bland in my opinion.
>>8428692
Currently reading Fahrenheit 451, it's okay but I feel like his short stories are much better in comparison.
Brave New World was very enjoyable.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.