[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spanish literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 24281421.jpg (63KB, 453x766px) Image search: [Google]
24281421.jpg
63KB, 453x766px
This year I had to take an exam on spanish literature, and I read a bunch of them from various authors. pic related is one of my favourite, this guy was a genius. What do you suggest to read from him? Is Amor y Pedagogia as good as my professor told me? what else do you suggest to read from someone who read only like 10 spanish novels from the 900' in total?
>>
Read Volverás a Región if you like Faulkner
>>
I liked Abel Sanchez from him. You could say that the theme is envy.
Also El arbol de la ciencia by Pio Baroja. It has a slow start it is a great depection of the time it was written.
Also you may like to read stuff from the generation of 98, a group of authors that was given that name because of the shared themes.

I'm spanish myself
>>
Niebla is great

If you're staying on the Peninsula, get into portuguese lit too. Jose Saramago and Fernando Pessoa are the main ones to check out.

Get into latin american too. Pedro Paramo by Juan Rulfo started magical realism. Mario Vargas Llosa is better than Gabo. Borges and Cortazar round out South America. I'm a sucker for Bolaño's poetry, don't know his novels. For the love of god don't real paulo coelho. mexico has the strongest activist/essayistic tradition, descendents from poniatowska and paz.
>>
I'll be monitoring this thread
>>
>spanish thread without magic realism/cervantes wank
Nice
>>
File: ciudad-ausente-luis-scafati.jpg (64KB, 646x400px) Image search: [Google]
ciudad-ausente-luis-scafati.jpg
64KB, 646x400px
>>8427228
>Get into latin american too.

Seconded. Try to stay away from from magical realism with the exception of Pedro Paramo and other novels that started the movement. Also, try to look into Ricardo Piglia, Macedonio Fernandez, Borges, and the intertwining connections between the three.
>>
>>8427363
He should check some Garcia Marquez and Cortazar (only Rayuela, the rest is gimmicky shit).

Also, read Sabato, Arlt, Bolaño, and some chilean poets like based Huidobro.
>>
>>8427383
Garcia Marquez' later stuff is garbage imo, and I think Cortazar has some redeemable short stories.

>Huidobro

Altazor is my jam
>>
>>8427396
That's why i said (((some))) Garcia Marquez.
About Cortazar, half of Bestiario is great, and almost every story on All Fires The Fire is above-average.

Huidobro is a fucking madman.
Honestly, while Chile doesn't have a lot of great prose writers, they have the greatest poets (Neruda, Huidobro, De Rokha, Parra, Lihn, Zurita, etc).
>>
Thanks, I'll chek those books out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.