[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tlönic Literary Criticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

This is a thread for Tlönic literary criticism: post a work you find interesting, and other posters name who authored it (ignoring the actual author we know to history).

Everyone then analyzes the work given the implications of this authorship.
>>
Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis, Tertius
>>
>>8424751
you
>>
Faust, by Goethe. The more I ruminate on it, the more I enjoy it. And yes, I did read Part 2.
>>
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide

>>8424776
I say it was written by Beckett.
>>
>>8424862
>Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Yet another Herman Hesse narrative depicting the duality of man, bisecting the stoic intellectual from the hedonic nihilist

The Trial
>>
>>8424896
I actually got in a heated disagreement with my lit professor over whether or not The Trial indicated Chesterton had flirted with, or outright adopted an atheistic despair at some point in his life. I know it's already a debated topic, but the manuscript's discovery after his death and his orders to have it burnt rather than published have me convinced it was just another product of post-war British anxiety about institutions and personal purpose. Particularly, I think, the role of the Anglican Church in the war effort. This as a private tool of reflection to come to terms with what happened is far more intuitive to me rather than having his commitment to orthodoxy unravel at the end of his long life. Why, though, would he keep it for so long?

Have any of you read Il Principe?
>>
>>8424685
bumping this, nice thread senpai
>>
>>8425013
>Have any of you read Il Principe?
Ah, yes, that Swift piece. Ingenious of him to pick Machiavelli as his narrator. The republican tendencies of that figure lent his satire a subtle twist, which few originally picked up on. What's truly interesting is that some people have chosen to criticise the work as if a fifteenth-century Florentine really had written it; I'm told there have even been translation efforts, to revert it back into its "original" old Italian.

Now, what of the Bible?
>>
>>8425391
The only good book by James Joyce. The best part of it is obviously The Song of Songs, which can be read in an exciting, new way in the light of the author's infamous love letters.

What about Notes from the Underground?
>>
Reminder that Orbis Tertius was(is?) a legit cult that Borges was part of and he wrote this story to 'leak' Tlon to the world.

I own a volume of the encyclopedia of Tlon
>>
>>8425508
I can't tell you who wrote it because it's foreign, and I cannot ever remember those Chinese names. But it is an interesting work, no doubt, if only from a historical perspective. At its most obvious it is a scathing indictment of the legalist school, the main character and narrator of course a disaffected Mandarin (or perhaps simple bureaucrat; I care not to remember, nor does it matter). This is utterly wrong. It is in fact an attack on Confucionism, on Buddhism, on everything it meant to be a good chink citizen. A sly trick of the author, but a fairly traditional one in the Chinese sphere. The methods taken by the author to avoid censorship and torture -- setting it in the foreign land of Russia, for example -- only worked against him, and he was charged with western fraternisation, and crucified.

Did any of you detect any discernible talent in The Gallic Wars?
>>
>>8425391
The Bible is an almost perfect copy of Crime and Punishment, written by Dostoevsky on his deathbed as he realised he had not yet written the perfect novel.
>>
>>8425707
>I need help, I have a transcendental spiritual tome due tomorrow and I'm about to die and I only have three books done. wat do?
>>
>>8425654
The Gallic Wars is not just one of Nabokov's most complex novels, but it is a hidden masterpiece of 20th century literature. Though the feverish inner dialogues of its schizophrenic protagonist, Caesar Caesarius about his fictional campaigns are somehow tedious, but the book has an intricate, hidden meaning, carefully crafted by Nabokov and waiting to be discovered by its readers. I still cannot understand it wholly, but the text has serious political implications...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.