[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of ZAMM, Lila and Pirsig?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Zen_motorcycle.jpg (39KB, 267x388px) Image search: [Google]
Zen_motorcycle.jpg
39KB, 267x388px
What does /lit/ think of ZAMM, Lila and Pirsig?
>>
>>8423256
Meme trash. Grown ups read books that actually have bearing on reality and could teach them a skill that would actually make their life better.
>>
>>8423301
>a skill that would actually make their life better.
you are a little bitch. motorcycle maintenance is way more necessary than your shitty philosophical studies. your dad should be ashamed

in a world full of thinkers, the last thing we need is a headrunner of novelists writing about writers. you are a weak person. grow some figurative balls
>>
>>8423301
Havent even read it, but this sounds like the kind of thing someone who reads self-help books would say.
>>
Fine books. His philosophy is pseud tier but entertaining.
>>
>>8425327
Basically this. I enjoy ZatAoMM partly as a fainthearted defense of Sophistry, but mostly because it's essentially a comfy road-trip story. It's a weird book that only got to be as popular as it is due to circumstances outside the book (Pirsig himself admits as much).

Lila's philosophy is (slightly) less pseud-tier, but it's not quite as fun to read. I liked the part about New York City as a giant organism, though.
>>
>>8425706

I dunno. Maybe I need to go through Lila again sometime, but I found Pirsig's discourse on Quality to be lot more substantial than what he was saying in Lila. But that may be the adderall that I was taking while I was reading Lila.
>>
what's Lila about? I've never heard of it.
>>
johnathan livingston seagull was ten times the book that was, and had the luxury of being short and having a message that held fairly true even beyond childhood, unfortunately zen was a forgettable sequence of words.
>>
>>8423433
>he thinks it was actually about motorcycle maintenance

>>8425706
this. i look at it like more of a memoir than a book on philosophy.

>>8425721
i also thought the part on Quality was the most enjoyable of all the chautauquas.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.