[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Painted Veil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I originally posted something on this over on /tv/ but since that board is nothing but a meme horrorshow (a real shame for people that actually like film), I thought that I would bring it over here to /lit/ since it is based off of a novel to begin with and I actually mostly spend my time on /lit/ anyways.

So, I just finished the painted veil for the first time last night. It was spectacular. I had heard really good things about it a couple of years ago (Girl I was talking to said it was her favorite film) but I had never really gotten around to actually watching it.
Well, now I did and I don't regret it. In fact it is probably one of my new favorite movies and I wish that I could erase my memories of it so I could enjoy it anew once again.
10/10 Edward was great.
What do you guys think about this movie?
To tie it back to /lit/, has anybody here read the book and what did you think about it? from what I gather the book is much more about Kitty's transformation as a person and less of the hollywood crap. Also, I know... I know... the book is always better...
>>
>>8420550
read and watched 10 years ago.

go away
>>
>>8420619
And?... what did you think about the book and film? Compare and contrast the two?

Also, I'd rather not. This is a forum for literature after all... If that is something you'd rather not discuss then perhaps it is you that should depart.
>>
>>8420626
you admitted you started this thread on /tv/

kill yourself.
>>
>>8420644
Aaaand... what does that have to do with literally anything?

Yes, I said that is where it began because I had a desire to discuss this film. But the story is captivating and lit would have more to say about it.

Get over it. It's happening here.
>>
>>8420550
I feel you OP. It kills me that /tv/ is so bad.
>>
>>8420661
>lit would have more to say about it
Doubtful. Maugham isn't a meme author. In fact I don't think I've ever seen /lit/ mention him.
>>
>>8420948
Yes, it is unfortunate really...
My second love, after literature, is film. /tv/ is just atrocious for people that have any real desire to talk about the actual topic.
>>
>>8420955
I know what you mean. However, despite how meme-ridden /lit/ may be at times, it is still infinitely better than what is offered at /tv/.
At least people here somewhat stay on topic and at least give a real effort to try to discuss literature. Over on /tv/ people are posting about completely irrelevant things.
I agree about the Maugham never being mentioned here though. I don't think I have ever seen him brought up either.
>>
>>8421853
I'd agree with that. /tv/ is a godforsaken memehole.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.