[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some Jeff Mangum-core literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: jeff_portrait_lg.jpg (857KB, 1800x1781px) Image search: [Google]
jeff_portrait_lg.jpg
857KB, 1800x1781px
What is some Jeff Mangum-core literature?
>>
aside from the anne frank diary
>>
>>8420281
DFW's books, stories, and essays are a lot like In the Aeroplane over the sea.
>>
>>8420312
i have read some of good old neon and it didnt feel so much ITAOTS-ish desu
>>
>>8420312
I totally disagree with this statement

----
here's a list of books jeff actually recommended once for an event. https://www.atpfestival.com/events/jeffmangum/view/bookclubjeff

not much literature to be found, though. He also talks about books rarely on his radio show(which he did with an alternate identity, but I think we can safely assume he actually likes the books he mentioned there. Will be difficult to listen to the hundreds of hours and find the few mentions though. I listened long ago, but don't recall anything.
>>
>>8420281
The works of Astra Taylor
>>
>>8420351
JEFF MANGUM HAS A FUCKING RADIO SHOW?
>>
>>8420359
he did an anonymous radio show near new york a long time ago. Went by the name Jefferson, and when he was "found out" he disappeared. It was during his total lockdown phase of life where he didn't want any public attention. It is still preserved online. very little talking - mostly just weird noises, jazz, and classical music.

http://www.neutralmilkhotel.org/wfmu.htm
has some of the shows and "playlists". Sadly a few of the shows seem to be lost to the internet, because that's not a comprehensive list, and WFMU no longer has an archive for it.
>>
>>8420318
The Soul is not a smithy
Incarnations of burnt children
Church not made with hands
and Always Overhead
are all more like what you're looking for.
>>
Fuck off /mu/
>>
>>8420281
100 years of solitude
the banquet years: the origins of the avant-garde in France
memoirs of my nervous illness by Daniel Paul Schreber
silence by John Cage
>>
File: Itaots_songs_of.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Itaots_songs_of.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
The 33 1/3 book desu senpai
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.