[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Good books gone lame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Good books and/or series that started awesome but got weak.
>Enders Game 2: Speaker for the Dead.
First book. was the ultimate military novel. This was interesting, with it's Christian themes and stuff, but I literally had to stop reading near the end because everyone's just whining about the Truth, and how the Truth hurts us, but no it was secrets that hurt us, but you had no right to speak the truth, because it's a secret.

>Prey by Michael Chrichton
It builds up a shitton of mystery and is super enticing, but once you start to learn what's actually happening, the book becomes a super fuckin' tedious exposition dump. It's basically like every shitty episodic whodunnit TV show.

pic not related.
>>
>where we're going we don't need roads
>>
>>8419548
I would say the Bible.
>very cool creation myth
>creeping things that creepeth
And then there's like a list of names for a few dozen pages
>>
>>8419587
You talkin' about the movies or the books?
I never read the Back to the Future books, but the movie sequels were GOAT.

The first movie taken on it's own actually feels kind of brief and rushed, if you don't think of it as the first part in a trilogy.

The epic BTTF theme in the driving to the lightning scene is also kind of contrived excitement, that I only noticed the first time I saw the first movie without planning on watching the sequels afterwards.
>>
>>8419604
I'm talking about your picture.
>>
>>8419629
I think he meant to quote the OP, not you
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.