[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you write margin notes and scribble in books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: marginalia4.jpg (524KB, 1728x1116px) Image search: [Google]
marginalia4.jpg
524KB, 1728x1116px
Do you write margin notes and scribble in books?
>>
Yes. If I don't highlight an entire paragraph and scribble next to it "symbolism," how would I remember that the passage was being symbolic? It allows me to engage with the text.
>>
>>8417193
Anyone who regards markig a book as stupid is
himself stupid. Read How to Read a Book you spaz.
>>
File: 1456204908483.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1456204908483.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
>>8417193
>getting a second hand book for school and the previous owner was a stupid 10th grader 'nerdy' girl who always wants to be 'smart' and its all shit notes and highlighted for no reason

I swear all my highschool books were like this
>>
>>8417198
OP here, that hostility was a bit uncalled for. He was just being facetious.
>>
>>8417201
>mediating insults on a taiwanese sandwich making imageboard.
>>
>>8417200
only the first 10 pages are highlighted though, right?
>>
>>8417224
I mean it goes without saying
>>
File: IMAG0293.jpg (789KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0293.jpg
789KB, 1520x2688px
Yes
>>
File: IMAG0292.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0292.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
>>8417279
Why?
>>
File: IMAG0291.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0291.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
>>8417280
What's your point?
>>
You all have very beautiful and stylized handwritings.

Too bad they are incomprehensible, you pretentious faggots.
>>
It's needed for politics, economics and philosophy.

I can't imagine doing it for literature but then again I don't read literature.
>>
>>8417181
no, because taptyping the notes would be tedious
t. digital bookfag
>>
>>8417193
What if symbolism itself was symbolic though?

This is why you need multiple pens. I use red for first level analysis and green for second (in thos case it would be red: symbolism, green: not symbolicp
>>
>>8417478
I'm thinking about modding a larger capacitive ereader and making it work with a stylus (although it's going to be fiddly).
>>
>>8417450
>economics
It's not.
>>
>>8417518
Political Economy, textbooks are quite well arranged by themselves.

If you don't annontat while reading Marx or Smith though you'll soon find yourself lost when trying to point out what exactly it was he said before that relates or contradicts with what he said now and where exactly is the point you don't agree with that surely exists in his chain of thoughts that's results are preposterous.

Quine got into philosophy because he couldn't help but think the shit they were touting had to be wrong, I like Quine.
>>
>>8417450
If I annotate I typically annotate as yourself.

I'm taking a little course on literary stuff soon and going through one of the general texts on critical reading has been enlightening. More or less the idea is noting the underlying structures, and that can be very enlightening before doing the whole "he said she said" compare and contrast thing we like.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.