[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best translation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: don quixote.jpg (7KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
don quixote.jpg
7KB, 192x262px
Best translation?
>>
None
>>
>>8409867
Edith's
>>
Doesn't really matter
>>
>>8409867
Would you read Shakespeare on spanish? Or any other language, for that matter?
>>
>>8409883

URRRRR DURRRRR
>>
>>8409883
If I could only read Spanish, then yes, I would.
>>
>>8409885
kys
>>
>>8409867
"Las traducciones son como los paños de Flandes pero vistos del revés"
>>
>>8409883
So I should just buy it in Spanish with a spanish-english dictionary and dive on in?
>>
>>8409948
Don't just buy a good translation, you can read it in Spanish later, you need to master the lenguage before going deep.
>>
>>8409883
What a fucking moronic thing to say.
>>
>>8409960
Well what's the best translation and what's the best way to learn Spanish?
>>
>>8409960
>5 year minimum of preparation to read a book
>inb4 it doesn't take that long
it would take at LEAST that long to be on a level of understanding of the language to develop a sense of the nuance that is contained in said languages literature
>>
>>8409983
that is a totally arbitrary number you're selecting.
If you read it once in English, read 1-2 other Spanish novels (2 years to be able to get a semi-comfortable level with reading), you should be fine going through it. Sure it'll take a fucking while at that level, but it's doable. There is really not a LOT of hidden nuance. It is infinitely readable but not because there are surreptitious tricks or anything like that.
>>
>>8409867
Menard's
>>
>>8410020
>>
File: yeah, nah.jpg (157KB, 960x674px) Image search: [Google]
yeah, nah.jpg
157KB, 960x674px
>>8410016
>There is really not a LOT of hidden nuance.
if it's easy enough to grasp through a couple years of reading spanish then it's easy enough to survive a translation
>>
>>8409867
Sadly if you are going to read it translated then it doesn't matter the quality because the beauty of it is the way it was written. It's so witty and close to earth about Spanish civilization at the time so yeah, if you are relaly interested then try and learn Spanish but I msut admit that it should be really hard to learn it to the point you fully understand XVI century Spanish.
>>
>spend years learning language to avoid reading a translation
>Understanding of language and culture is worse than a translators
>Can barely understand what I'm reading
>End up reading translation anyway

Don't fall for the meme
>>
Montgomery
>>
>>8409883
These dicks are in every translation thread.
>>
>>8409983
Wrong
>>
>>8410414
kys pleb
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.