[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Schopenhauer right about Hegel being full of shit? Or was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Friedrich-Hegel-2.jpg (69KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich-Hegel-2.jpg
69KB, 1000x1000px
Was Schopenhauer right about Hegel being full of shit? Or was he just butthurt because Hegel got all the audience pussy?
>>
Hegel is my nigga. Schopenpooper is a gaygay dumb dumb sadboyyy
>>
>>8409695

Schopenhauer was mostly right.

What small morsels and titbits of Hegel that were not nonsense, or ambiguous beyond parody, pertained to the apotheosis of the state and how 'Weltgeister' (Napoleon and pretty much any emperor-like ruler) were the natural and desired result of history.
>>
>>8409695
Hegel most certainly gets you pussy, if understood somewhat decently. No one will really know what your talking about, but you'll sounds marvelously impressive - perhaps for that very reason. If you're able to combine this with a somewhat decent appearance, you're set for life, so I've figured out over the last years. It's an honest reason to get into philosophy.
>>
File: rock the boat.jpg (58KB, 550x407px) Image search: [Google]
rock the boat.jpg
58KB, 550x407px
>>8410900

Schopenhauer gets me loads of pussy.

I quote from 'On Women' during first dates.
>>
>>8410907
Edgy
>>
Hagel is a gibberish hack.

Only Kant is worse.
>>
>>8410907

This.
>>
>>8410927
Kant was wrong about almost everything, and yet he founded philosophy in its modern sense.
>>
>>8410933
>he founded philosophy in its modern sense

Why? For his technicality?
>>
Schopenhauer Misread both Kant and Hegel.

He was a pissy bastard too..
>>
>>8409695
cosmic power that only intercedes in human affairs? sounds legit.
>>
>>8410981
He read Kant very correctly, and his critique of Kant is spot on.
>>
>>8410933
>, and yet he founded philosophy in its modern sense.
That's a shame henge modern philosophy sucks, huh?
>>
>Was Schopenhauer right about

yes
>>
>Was Schopenhauer right about

no
>>
>>8410962
You don't know much about philosophy, do you?
>>
>>8410927
In what way? Kant is way more intelligible than Hegel, IMO.
>>
The N-God said no.
>>
>>8410933
If by wrong you mean right. Nice try, fa.m
>>
>>8410927
Kant is wayyy easier to read than Hegel. Check out his awesome short essays on history and shit. Always really clear except when he's doing his infamously difficult (but still emulated, in both analytic and Continental phil) "transcendental arguments"
>>
Almost German Philosopher is a hack.
Kant, Hegel, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche Heidegger, Wittgenstein...

The few exeptions are Schelling, Leibniz and Husserl.
>>
File: tips Christian morality.jpg (21KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
tips Christian morality.jpg
21KB, 474x528px
>>8411752
>>
File: zizekpai.jpg (58KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
zizekpai.jpg
58KB, 400x291px
>>8410900
>somewhat decent appearance

Don't even need that. pic related
>>
>>8411761
Are you trolling or don't you know that Husserl was a kike?
>>
File: tips swamp.jpg (18KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
tips swamp.jpg
18KB, 353x334px
>>8411772
>>
File: thismanwasbased.jpg (160KB, 750x1100px) Image search: [Google]
thismanwasbased.jpg
160KB, 750x1100px
You think Schopenhauer is right at a certain point out of a kind of intellectual laziness with regards to tackling Hegel. Schopenhauer is basically a more clarified version of Kantianism that was quite influential into the early 20th century. But once you do tackle Hegel, you realize the extent to which Hegel's philosophy literally prefigures most of the developments of 19th and 20th century thought, including modern art turning away from art and towards the artist (his aesthetic lectures), his dialectics (later the foundation of Marxism), his theological telelogy of history (Barth etc), his historical turn on the Ficthean Ego (Existentialism), his influence even on Analytic Philosophy (now being revived by the likes of Brandom but even earlier in the education of Russell and British idealists). If you are serious about western thought, there is no way to avoid Hegel. And after you confront him, it's quite difficult to not be either/or in regards to him.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.