[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Musashi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (60KB, 344x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 344x499px
I'm almost finished reading Musashi and I want to know what /lit/ thinks of it.
>>
>>8408027
you didn't like it and felt like you wasted your time
>>
>>8408055
I've actually been enjoying it quite a bit so far.
>>
>>8408075
no you haven't
>>
File: 1471374146522.png (288KB, 442x448px) Image search: [Google]
1471374146522.png
288KB, 442x448px
kojiro did nothing wrong

the angry grandma or whoever was annoying as hell I wish musashi had just body bagged her the first time she tried to fuck with him
>>
>>8408027
I think I read it, it was in 2 volumes and the french titles were"The stone and the sword" and "the perfect light".

I was quitte young at that time, I really enjoyed it. I found it really easy to read, and the evolution of Musashi is interesting.
>>
>>8408084
Kojiro just pisses me off, probably because I was expecting him be more like he is in Vagabond.
>>
Musashi became a childhood hero after I read the book when I was 14. Still love it to this day.
>>
>>8408082
What's with the star for a name?
>>
I have it as five paperbacks. A great bloody semi-historical epic, but I classify it as fine pulp, personally.
>>
>>8408713
hes a faggot who thinks hes special and of no value to this board
>>
>>8409452
damn fine
>>
>>8408055
>>8408082
>a 1 star poster
>>
>>8408027
tip top adventure. japanese huckleberry finn. good book
>>
Test!
>>
>>8408084
Yeah fuck she was annoying. Great book from my childhood. Good intro to nippon before all the shitty webo culture of today. Same goes for the Lone Wolf & Cub/Samuari Assasin mangas. I was horrified when I found out what the majority of manga is (or is popular in the west).

Recommend Musashi's book of 5 rings as further reading (go rin no sho). When I was in Japan about 10 years back I went to a temple where they had Musashi's supposed wooden sword as a relic. Musashi was all over everything back then - all advertising, restaurant names, products etc. etc. all had pictures of Musashi all over them.

You can study his fighting technique (supposedly, supposedly). I did a seminar on it once & it was fun: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niten_Ichi-ry%C5%AB
>>
>>8410400
I was thinking of getting the book of five rings. What translation should I get?
>>
>>8408027
I read Taiko and enjoyed it, might read Musashi in the future.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.