[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Max Stirner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 275x183px
Could we get a Max Stirner thread going? i've been reading the ego and his own and its the greatest wankery ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 480x400px
Is there a philosopher who hated religion as much as Stirner? He rants about it or the God-fearing in every chapter. I'm not even sure what more there is to learn from him, but his rants are entertaining.
>Wheels in the Head
"Man, your head is haunted; you have wheels in your head! You imagine great things, and depict to yourself a whole world of gods that has an existence for you, a spirit-realm to which you suppose yourself to be called, an ideal that beckons to you. You have a fixed idea!
Do not think that I am jesting or speaking figuratively when I regard those persons who cling to the Higher, and (because the vast majority belongs under this head) almost the whole world of men, as veritable fools, fools in a madhouse."
>>
>>8407729
Der Einzige is little more than plain old dull nominalism for the intellectually bankrupt adolescent. If you havenĀ“t read the chap, consider yourself lucky, if you have, take consolation in the fact that you'll grow out if it.
>>
>>8407729
You fucked up by posting an NSFW pic for a SFW board, don't do that shit.

As for The Ego and Its Own, I liked it and thought it made some good points, but its lack of self-examination is where it falls short.

Overall though you really can't fault it unless you believe in a god, which itself is tantamount to not having a discussion because divine law is portrayed as infallible, perfect and eternal.

Actually yeah, come to think of it has anyone produced a decent critique of Stirner? I've seen bits and pieces but they always resolve into personal preferences rather than logically reasoned alternatives.
>>
File: ThisPictureIsASpook.jpg (81KB, 785x512px) Image search: [Google]
ThisPictureIsASpook.jpg
81KB, 785x512px
>>8407729
>its the greatest wankery ever.

so is that a good or a bad thing in your opinion?
>>
File: stirner.jpg (185KB, 555x400px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
185KB, 555x400px
>>8408364
>Actually yeah, come to think of it has anyone produced a decent critique of Stirner? I've seen bits and pieces but they always resolve into personal preferences rather than logically reasoned alternatives.
One man was so autistic that he wrote a critique of The Ego and His Own which was longer than the source material
>>
>>8408834
rant filled with ad-hominem != critique
>>
Spoogs
>>
Literally nothing wrong with wankery
Only plebs dislike intellectual exertions to show off.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.