[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FACT: Anyone who doesn't consider this great is a phony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: catcher.jpg (70KB, 223x351px) Image search: [Google]
catcher.jpg
70KB, 223x351px
FACT: Anyone who doesn't consider this great is a phony
>>
>>8404324
To call someone pedantic is extremely pedantic.
>>
>>8404324
This book is an unappealing piece of garbage though.
>>
Why do you hate this genius piece of literature?
>>
>>8404324
Ist sehr gut
>>
>>8404410
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>8404440
Flachwichser fickfehler
>>
Catcher in the Big Guy For You.
>>
Just finished this.
As a reading experience I hated it.
As a metaphor for the anxiety of the lost innocence of growing up, I thought it did a gud job.
>>
>>8404684
>As a reading experience I hated it.

Why? Salinger's prose is excellent and perfectly captures real life human vernacular.

Before you even try to critize the overuse of words like "phony" and "killed me" I'd recommend you record yourself and listen back to it to realize exactly how many words you use ad nauseum.
>>
>>8404785
Are you saying it was written poorly on purpose?
>>
>>8404324
Franny and Zooey is better
>>
>>8404324
PHONY
>>
Haters gonna hate. I agree this is a classic.
>>
>>8404324

I liked the part where he raped his sister, Phoebe.
>>
>>8406227
What
>>
File: rz27lu2.jpg (42KB, 607x490px) Image search: [Google]
rz27lu2.jpg
42KB, 607x490px
>>8406427
some dumb niggers tried really hard to ruin this by saying that some shit in it was a metaphor for him diddling his sister. it's bullshit though
>>
File: IMG_20160524_161037.jpg (748KB, 1728x2880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160524_161037.jpg
748KB, 1728x2880px
>>8404324
It's a plebbier version of pic related so you're the real phony.
>>
You know what really fuckin bothered me

How he never grew a pair of balls and went after Jane
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 720x540px
Most criticisms of this novel amount to personal preference (i.e. "whats his face is annoying xD") but really its a rich, well-structured, and well-paced novel that is on par with the best American novels, has managed to embed itself in our culture, and has proved tremendously influential over the last few decades. Only plebs who hate AMerica dislike this book. Shit's dank.
>>
I am looking forward to reading this again. I first read it when I was quite young, and unread. I don't think I appreciated much, and I had that reddit-tier opinion

>Holden is an annoying, whiney faggot lel xP

What can I expect now that I have an eye for prose, a heart grown sympathetic from age, and a mature mind lacking my old insecurities which I hid behind sarcasm, and derision?
>>
>>8406925
Hey guys, just turned 22, I am a totally different person than I was five years ago, I know I thought I was mature then, but now I'm REALLY mature, and I have no insecurities!
>>
>>8406925
Holden is an annoying, whiney faggot
>>
File: 1467031556037.png (34KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
1467031556037.png
34KB, 223x223px
>>8407991
This. I could really relate to this though, seeing how I am an annoying, whiney faggot. The book really made me realize that. I loved the book but it bummed me out. It really did.
>>
>>8408163
Same here. When I read this at 17 all could say was "Oh."
>>
>>8408356
I was forced to read it when I was 17 for a book project. I didn't enjoy it. That was four years ago now. I reread it recently and only now I realize how much this books related to me then and how much it relates to me now. It doesn't help though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.