[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ Goodreads Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1461082130635.jpg (21KB, 640x215px) Image search: [Google]
1461082130635.jpg
21KB, 640x215px
Hey, /lit/, there was a thread a couple weeks ago about trying to start a new Goodreads group with the primary focus of actually maintaining an active user base.

The group will have group readings, discussions with some tiny amount of accountability of content posted, and writing assignments.

Here's the link to the group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/195303-lit-club

This is my first Goodreads experience, and we've got 59 members already. I think that around 100 we can get a self-sufficient source of literary discussion as long as a handful of members are diligent about quality posting and the rest of us lurk and occasionally post.

Hope to see y'all on there. Any questions or concerns, post them here.
>>
Self-bump

On a side note, there's an open poll for our first group reading assignment, and I'm pulling for Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald just because I happened to have recently purchased it. Kafka's The Trial and the Stories of Nabokov are the other frontrunners.
>>
>>8402077
if that's what you think it is presently, you have more than enough power to mold it. There's like two posts a day, and we'd be blessed to have your refined intellect to correct our wayward plebhood.

What I see is the potential for a /lit/ sans shitposting because of a lesser version of /lit/'s anonymity, i.e. we're still anonymous but what you post will have an effect on what you post in the future and how it's received.

It's like having a trip on here, but having a trip on here is begging for attention because no one else has one. I believe that there's good to be found in anonymity, thus why I've been an active member of this board for years, but there's also good in accountability. Separate spaces for separate reasons.
>>
>>8402090
I won't spend a second filling up what I've read, that's just way to time absorbing, so I'll try to stick to what I've read discussions
>>
>>8402109
Totally reasonable. I assume the longer you spend on Goodreads, the more you'll stumble across books that you've already read and one click adds them to your bookshelf. Welcome to the group!
>>
Ties ties ties...
I suggest whichever of the books having 5 votes that receives the next vote wins. Otherwise were never going to launch this group
>>
Add me already
>>
But the group mod is nowhere to be seen, so how can people even join?
>>
>>8402077
pretty much

i mean come on you got people posting this kind of drivel, full sincere:

>Modality is such a big concept in the book, and the ineluctable modality of the visible sort of stands to murk up the complexities of every moment just as GR seeks to throw a hundred histories at you so you can see just how calculated the present is. Joyce does that, but with a much more personal touch, whereas GR is all about profession.

>Ulysses is a much more humanist piece, but that should be obvious given that it was pre-atrocities-of-WWII.

the best part is the retard who posted this probably thinks he's super smart and well read
>>
Op, fuck you. We already have a steady community of /lit/ people on goodreads. Since you're friends with nobody and don't go on enough you can't be trusted to this. So it just comes off as you're a newfag who wants to he made the center of something on here.
>>
>>8403885
>>8404113
So much hate coming out of nowhere...
Why do you have to shit on every bit of initiative? Nobody's doing any harm

Sure there's a lot of people from /lit/ on goodreads many of which are already friends with one another but it would be nice to have a steady group there to organise discussion
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.