[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fear I'm starting to agree with this handsome motherfucker,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

I fear I'm starting to agree with this handsome motherfucker, please recommend me some economic garble from the other side of the fence to balance it all out.
>>
>>8400796
Lol there aren't two sides to every argument; sometimes one interlocutor is just right
>>
File: fdf.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fdf.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>8400796
Bumping this because I've been meaning to read it and want recs.
>>
>>8400796
Neat title.
>>
>>8400796
Nobody can beat based Varoufakis
>>
>>8400796
I just ordered this book the other day. I actually met him back when he was working for Valve. It just boggles my mind to think that just some relatively ordinary guy I kind of know gets drafted by his home country to represent them in such crazy high stakes negotiations.

I think he's wrong in thinking that the EU can be reformed though. It was just a bad idea from the getgo and should be replaced with instead two or three smaller unions of countries with similar financial conditions. These smaller unions can negotiate treaties between one another in a way which would be much fairer for the industries of the European periphery in particular.

Even supposedly healthy nations like Poland are being absolutely destroyed by the EU. Millions upon millions of Poles are leaving their country in exodus even though economic conditions have improved, Eastern Europe will become a barren wasteland at this rate.
>>
Heaven forbid your beliefs be anything but beige centrism.
>>
yanis got cucked on a molecular level by the EU, he only writes these liberal articles because he's been sexually reprogrammed to derive pleasure from the false hope they propagate
>>
Why don't the Greeks just vote in KKE?

they do realize they are still a completely functioning party that is crazy enough to do it all right?
>>
>>8400838
rec me some unknown/underrated stewart lee material
>>
>>8401402
Kek
This is perhaps the most accurate thing I've seen on /lit/.

I missed Yanis at the Dalkey Book Festival as I couldn't drive down until after his talk. It's a shame, as instead I had to listen to Mark Blyth talk shit about "neoliberals" (he has no clue about them) and some Indian banker claim that violence against women is worse in the West than in India, while the Indian lady behind me made loud noises indicating that she was in agreement with him.
>>
Varoufakis is merely an opportunist who only wanted to play his game. While he succeeded at that, his general persona only confirms the meme status of economics.

>t. Greek
>>
>>8401465
just googled the KKE and it says they oppose civil rights for LGBT people kek

any good articles on them you'd recommend? they sound interesting.
>>
>>8401502
>>8401465
they're literal stalinist communists, nothing interesting about them
>>
>>8400796
You sound like a liberal desu.

"let there is no truth just relative, competing generalizations.
>>
>>8402297
lol, no
they are economic populists
stop such a McCarthyite
>>
File: autism1.png (145KB, 663x598px) Image search: [Google]
autism1.png
145KB, 663x598px
>>
File: autism2.png (49KB, 657x210px) Image search: [Google]
autism2.png
49KB, 657x210px
>>8402694
>>
>>8402321
no they're literal stalinist communists
they think stalin did nothing wrong and chairman mao wrote a good book worth reading
>>
>>8402694
>>8402700
Fuck you, this is great.
>>
>>8400956
>I think he's wrong in thinking that the EU can be reformed though.

Yes, let's stop trying, or even stop to think how things can be better, that intellectually the most satisfying thing to do
>>
>>8402888
Actually, what he said is a rather common argument and not exactly defeatism: the EU cannot be truly reformed from within since that would require the consensus of far too many countries that are too different from each other so it would be better to take an individual approach for each country, but thia cannot be done while they are in the EU due to common regulations. The thing is that some leftists made this argument for Brexit, but others claimed that the UK was resisting reforma that helped the working class even while in the EU so it will only get worse on its own. So I don't know, maybe it will be better for some countries and worse for others.
>>
>>8400956
What exactly is the EU doing to Poland? Last I heard, Poland was run by some batshit conservative party.
>>
>>8403082
Letting people work in other eu countries.
>>
>>8403082
All they do is take guidance and advice from the Church, Anon.
>>
>>8402720
>chairman mao wrote a good book worth reading
But...this is true. Of course people interested in revolution or radical political change should read revolutionaries who actually carried out such things.

Also Mao has lots of great quotable things.

>>8401370
I like to tell passionate centrists this little common sense -ish bullshit thing to provoke them:
If one side has a theory and the other side another, why the fuck would the middle be right? It might just as well combine completely unfitting parts of the theories of the two sides. Maybe even both the right wing and left wing could lead a decent country alone, but combining their policies in ways which weren't meant to be doesn't work. See those welfare states which are stagnating economically and needing to cut their governmental spending, etc.

Maybe the moderates were the utopians all along.
>>
>>8400820
>not engaging in dialectic
>>
>>8402888
I am not saying to abandon the European project altogether, I am just saying that the institution as it stands was designed to be so resistant to actually meaningful dialogue and reform that it's simply not capable of being reformed from within, and rather should be left to die while every country in the periphery should leave the EU and form their own smaller union, and then negotiate with the EU from a position of relative power.

The EU core should remain France, Germany, Austria and the Benelux. The EU will not disband, that's guaranteed, but will remain a remnant union that will function as a union for the heart of European financial and political power.

Scandinavia + Finland + Iceland should form a Nordic union. I only suggest they leave because even though they are wealthy, they are much less populous than southern countries and as such will never have a large say in EU politics except as a united voice.

The Balts and Visegrad 4 should form a 'slightly less shitty Eastern/Central Europe' union.

Romania, Bulgaria, and any Yugoslavs who can get their shit together should form a Balkan union.

Finally, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, and Malta should form a Mediterranean union.

The smaller union model simply allows for peripheral countries to actually negotiate rather than being forced to say YES YES YES to whatever the captains of business in Germany and France tell them.

>>8403082
Full freedom of movement combined with low birth rate is swiftly depopulating Poland. Many old villages are just full of old people and children now, all adults go to work in England or Germany. Poland cannot create its own industry effectively because Polish businesses simply can't pay workers what they would make doing even much shittier jobs abroad.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.