[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harry potter and the cursed child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I am very disappointed in this play. The characterization is abysmal. I can tolerate Draco calling Harry "harry" instead of "Potter". I can tolerate Scorpius and Albus being geeks. Fuck I'll even accept a grenade. But when Albus called Ron "Ron" instead of "Mr. Weasley" it broke the camel's back. This is not canon. Not even close.
>>
All those Wizard books are shit and you deserve to be conned for buying obvious fanfiction. Grow up.
>>
.When I first got it, I stayed up all night to read it. I almost convinced myself that it was rad as hell, too. But the more I thought of t, the more I realized how many false notes the characters hit. Draco was fucked, and the whole friendship between him and Harry was cringeworthy. It read like a slash fiction where they never ended up fucking.

I actually liked Albus and Scorpious, though (even though Albus was just Harry Lite). I didn't mind reading those parts. But the parts with the established characters were almost intolerable.
>>
>>8400663
Agreed. I've always wanted a sunny Scorpious so I don't mind that too much either. But some of the parts in this script is too much. It's too american in a way. Too modern compared to the wizard world.

>>8400661
Nuh uh, they aren't shit you are. But yes, I deserved it. It was a moment of weakness.
>>
>>8400625
What you deserve for reading that three-authored fanfic crap, knowing what it is.
>>
>>8400747

Did all the casual slang that the kids use bug the hell out of you too?
>>
>>8400625
Haven't read it and never will, but it seems like the biggest cash-grab to me. Aimed at twenty-somethings who never grew out of HP, probably have HP tattoos, and will still eat up any HP stuff to come out. For reference, see pretty much any booktuber.
>>
>>8400803
Yeah. It's not timeless, it's very, how should I put it, pandering to "today's youth" and what the authors though would be hip. Geekiness and hipsterdom and such. If this particular script was written in the 90's Albus would probably be gnarly grunge or something. Good god, it's like a television special. I'd rather have My Immortal in book-form than this. Actually I do want it. Either way, this year has been a lesson in not caring and deal. First ZTD and the complex motives and now this.
>>
>>8400869

True facts. At least I didn't spend money on it. Someone bought it for me as a gift.

Rowling has officially Lucased.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.