[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you judge books by the cover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: k3PJknp.png (1MB, 1400x892px) Image search: [Google]
k3PJknp.png
1MB, 1400x892px
Do you judge books by the cover?
>>
Well, I don't judge a book by its cover, but it is natural to prefer a book with an aesthetic pleasant cover. Like when being in a library and I see a book with an attractive spine, I will be automatically called to pick it up to check the cover, and if the cover is attractive, I will be interested in learning about it.
>>
Literally or figuratively? Either way, yes. Some heuristic is necessary.
>>
>>8400110
i'd read that book judging by its cover.
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
when are those faggots going to determine a price for this

i don't want to be fucked over like i was with jon rafman

>$50 for a picture book
>>
>>8400217
there was a poll on sams twitter looks like 26$ for paperback
>>
god damn i wish sam was well read

it would up everything he did
>>
>>8400383
>paperback
>>
>>8400393
In his Rutger's talk, he attributes an Evola quote to Michelle Obama. But I think someone else wrote that for him. I think he's trying, he said he was reading Schopenhour in one of his videos a few months ago
>>
https://bradrtorgersen.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/sad-puppies-3-the-unraveling-of-an-unreliable-field/
>That’s what’s happened to Science Fiction & Fantasy literature. A few decades ago, if you saw a lovely spaceship on a book cover, with a gorgeous planet in the background, you could be pretty sure you were going to get a rousing space adventure featuring starships and distant, amazing worlds. If you saw a barbarian swinging an axe? You were going to get a rousing fantasy epic with broad-chested heroes who slay monsters, and run off with beautiful women. Battle-armored interstellar jump troops shooting up alien invaders? Yup. A gritty military SF war story, where the humans defeat the odds and save the Earth. And so on, and so forth.

>These days, you can’t be sure.

>The book has a spaceship on the cover, but is it really going to be a story about space exploration and pioneering derring-do? Or is the story merely about racial prejudice and exploitation, with interplanetary or interstellar trappings?

>There’s a sword-swinger on the cover, but is it really about knights battling dragons? Or are the dragons suddenly the good guys, and the sword-swingers are the oppressive colonizers of Dragon Land?
>>
>>8400110
Yes.

Ugly books can fuck off, ugly things in general have no purpose
>>
>>8400110
I'm all about 'fuck libcucks lol' but Sam is just a racist retarded faggot with /pol/ ideas
>>
>>8401170
look everyone i found a simpleton
>>
>>8400489
sounds like another Sam Hyde 'joke'
>>
File: sammyncharls.jpg (41KB, 412x306px) Image search: [Google]
sammyncharls.jpg
41KB, 412x306px
>>8400393
he is though
>>
>>8402588
If you read anything Penguin (especially translations) you are not well read.
>>
>>8402598
what version should you read instead?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.