[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this really necessary? The shining was a complete package

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (41KB, 253x393px)
image.jpg
41KB, 253x393px
Was this really necessary? The shining was a complete package that wrapped up nicely, compactly. Why did King feel compelled to revisit this universe?
>>
$$$
>>
>>8398485
I didn't mind the parts with Danny dealing with his inner struggles and passing what he knows onto the girl, like Halloran did for him. I wish that was the whole book. The villians were fucking embarrassingly stupid and pointless and ruined the book.
>>
>>8398501
But hes already loaded

>>8398511
I agree. I thought they would grow on me, but nope a roaming caravan of hippie "vampires" felt too cliche. You shine so we want yur steam! They never felt ominous, or looming in any way. It was such a deviation from the terrors that lurked in the overlook. Idk, its just not holding my attention for shit
>>
>>8398530
>But hes already loaded
If absurdly rich people didn't want to become even more absurdly rich then we would literally have no global problems at all.
>>
>>8398485
Honestly I think King was still bitter about the pop-culture ubiquity of the film and wanted to reclaim his version of the story.
>>
>>8398485
I haven't read it, but I know King was always kind of pissy about the idea that the movie became the definitive Shining rather than his book.

Maybe he was trying to reestablish dominance over the story?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.