[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys give me a quick critical analysis of Dracula by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: bram-stoker-dracula-1.jpg (75KB, 841x1238px) Image search: [Google]
bram-stoker-dracula-1.jpg
75KB, 841x1238px
Can you guys give me a quick critical analysis of Dracula by Bram Stoker (1897)? I'm most definitely not going to use your ideas in an essay for a literature class
>>
>>8397304
its about sex and cuckoldry.How sex makes you evil, old guys are always after young pussy and how you sometimes have to pick between your job and your girl
>>
Is this actually any good
>>
>>8397304
The count is an edgelord that goes on about being a descendant of Atilla and how peasants are cowards.
>>
File: DRACULA-2.jpg (70KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
DRACULA-2.jpg
70KB, 328x500px
>>8397304
Reading this to my daughter right now, read the original when I was like 14.

The most interesting thing to write about would be Mina IMO. She is obviously the most intelligent and competent character besides Van Helsing, and when they decide to leave her out of the hunt they pay and are almost destroyed. The rejection of Victorian gender mores is pretty clear throughout. You could even suggest Lucy's death is caused by her entrapment by the patriarchy and that the result is a woman unchained (re: the graveyard scene).

This will make your cunt professor happy enough.
>>
It actually has a lot to do with beheading the Muslim hordes who entered Transylvania to rid the lands of Christianity. Many believes the count to be a vampire because he always left their heads on stakes around his Manor. This book is written in letter format and is ironic because it turns out that the count is actually a vampire crusader, not just a vampire or a crusader.
>>
>>8397342
No, its iconic
>>
>>8397342
The imagery and world building are. The prose is absolute bottom tier. Basically Lovecraft tier.
>>
its about communism, the animals are the communists and the pigs are the in charge ones
>>
>>8397304
big cock latino and italian double-team milf pawg
>>
>>8397396
Don't be retard. Dracula is OBVIOUSLY about a futuristic empire in the future that is going to detroy itself in a period of 500 years.
>>
>>8397425
pff its a YA shitfest about Bella like cunt falling for the school bad boy drake cool
>>
>>8397432
i like it when they do to playform 9 3/4 and then they me3et dracula malfoy on the bus
>>
>>8397304
It's mostly about predatory misogyny and white male entitlement with some problematic islamophobic undertones. Ugh, just no, I can't even right now.
>>
The chapter where Dracula confesses his love for Jonathan Harker was way ahead of its time.
>>
File: 57627211.jpg (65KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
57627211.jpg
65KB, 1200x1200px
>>8397304
It's about fear:
>Fear of foreigners (Dracula comes into England from a barbarous Eastern country)
>Fear of the upper class (he's a Count, the protagonists are all beneath him in wealth and social status)
>all sorts of different sexual fears (Dracula as rapist is the obvious one, but the description of Lucy getting staked has lots of hard-wooden-shaft-piercing-bosom imagery)
>conflict between Vicorian science and ye olde superstitions
And of course it's up for debate how much Stoker meant to include these themes, and how much just bled through subconsciously - none of his other work comes close to Dracula
>>
>>8397971
>>8397470
>>8397366
>>8397362
>>8397331
OP here, just wanted to say thanks lol
>>
>>8397362
Man I can picture the professors feminism boner getting fucking rock hard as they read that.
>>
This book is a blatant example of racism in the 1800s. Dracula is a different race, so they all acuse him of being "evil" when they simply do not understand his culture. Also, Lucy is treated like an object and forced into marrying a White Male even though she may have a sexual preference of Africans or Gypsys. Just further driving home how racist Stoker really was.

Van Helsing is depicted as strong and manly becasue he is German, but we know for a fact that every German is racist. So we can rule this as a blatant attempt to describe masculine superiority.

I could go on and on, but I would run out of room
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.