[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bret Easton Ellis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: less than zero.jpg (22KB, 312x475px) Image search: [Google]
less than zero.jpg
22KB, 312x475px
I recently read Less Than Zero and found it for the most part enjoyable. Some of it was quite compelling, but other parts seemed a bit juvenile and edgy. Is this sort of what I can expect from his other books?
>>
I only read American Psycho which I thought was very funny. You could call parts of it "edgy" but I really don't think that is a good critique.
>>
>>8397082
can you guys make up your mind whether or not you actually like me?
>>
>>8397105
>treat the posters of a global image board like they're a singular entity with a hivemind
>complain when that logic doesn't apply
cry some more faggot
>>
>>8397105
You're better than Palahnuik, not as good as actual canonical authors.
>>
>>8397042
Lol it's a book written by a 19 year old, it literally falls into the category "juvenilia". Edgy? If you're using that word to express your opinion unironically then you might not be ready for full length novels. Less Than Zero is great for what it is.
>>
>>8397042
Pretty much all of them are the same.
>>
>>8397042
rule of thumb, if the author's name on the cover is larger than the actual title of the book, the merit of the book leans more heavily on the author's reputation than the work itself.

Obviously typography in this case is more a stylistic choice, but the BRIAANN EEASTOOON ELLIISSS in giant yellow is there to encourage you to care about the book. otherwise you wouldn't, really.
>>
I recently saw a documentary where he claims his books aren't autobiographical. Is he lying? Also take a look for Robert Downey Jr. in his career's downward valley foreshadowed by his role in Less Than Zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFVXpvUY0Bo
>>
>>8397149

Less Than Zero is actually lite. It has a little bit of BEE's love of shock value, but he only starts indulging in it a little more in Rules of Attraction with the comedic rape and death scenes, but he doesn't really get to indulge in it until American Psycho.
>>
>>8397136
It's funny because Less than Zero and Fight Club are both just attempts at Gatsby
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.