[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate this, e/lit/ists.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: no brain no pain.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
no brain no pain.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/09/reading-raphael-in-hanoi/492725/
It is written by a 18 years old boy.
What is your opinion? Are the things he said right or wrong?

Pic unrelated.
>>
It was a bit too personal to get into right or wrong.

Seems like a smart and thoughtful kid. I hope he's going places.
>>
>>8395191
Intelligent and well-written analysis, kid did his research too. He knew how to work the system with the underprivileged sob story. As the first reply mentioned, we really can't say if it is right or wrong.
>>
>>8395191
I am 18, Vietnamese. This essay, to me, is a slap in the face. Feel so dumb.
>>
I'm going to base my claim off of three things: The ads that seem to pop up on the sides of that (stop incarceration, #BLM, something with a gay couple), the fact that the project came from College Board, and the fact that the only reason the kid won was because of his "Other nations/other eyes" point of view; this is SJW Bullshit. Not what you're presenting to us, it's true and real, but just the competition the kid won and the amazingness of the essay and all that.
>>
>>8395354
there're 44 countries in competition, faget
>>
>>8395191
The introduction is a little clunky. And really it is a little, it's a very solid piece of writing really. The worst part for me were the groups of three here:

>Yet closer study revealed that the painting represents an ideal of learning as universal as it is inspiring: relentless, unhindered critical inquiry that crosses physical, cultural, and disciplinary boundaries.
It would work better without the inspiring because at least then you have a clear link between universal and the list of adjectives, the idea of inspiration is not really developed. But I think it's fundamental misuse of rhetoric there regardless, it's fluff. "as universal as it is inspiring" is p meaningless too.

Seen way worse writing from people with may more experience and education, the points above are minor.
>>
>>8395191
The Atlantic is pleb central. I'm not giving them any clicks.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.