[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What music do you listen to while reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Heilaguar Draugar.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Heilaguar Draugar.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
What music do you listen to while reading?
>>
Depends on the type of reading, usually ambience.
>>
>>8394869
I just put any youtube video with tibetan bowls or bells, overlapping a Ferrari F430 engine sound
>>
File: 202227560be59de45bc.jpg (97KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
202227560be59de45bc.jpg
97KB, 604x404px
Enjoy your ADHD
>>
>>8394869
Miles Davis
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkPlNQ4ap1o
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsSiy1VgH4Y&list=RDEMjvUCxM_INbuyZjtPNAIJNA&index=19

Call me a faggot but vitamin string quartet is perfect because I like to listen to songs I like but without lyrics.
>>
>>8394991

Which albums?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUdoxvigIl8

This guy is my recent favorite. It's great fun when the dynamics in the song coincide with rising action in the book.
>>
I can't listen to music while reading, too distracting, and it colours my emotional responses.
>>
File: 1455606229693.jpg (1MB, 1170x900px) Image search: [Google]
1455606229693.jpg
1MB, 1170x900px
>>8394869
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPayQuTuZWo
>>
>>8395185
>>8395201
>>8395211
all plebs
>>
>>8395231
Damn, I'm gonna give up both reading and listening to music now... fuck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjTuN8Hz16A

This upbeat song keeps me happy whilst reading in the midst of my crippling depression. Hard not to feel down when I know that I'll be lonely *at least* until my late 20s, after which I'll have to settle for some single mom or some skank who's a certified veteran of the cock carousel (with a shitload of mental health issues to boot).
>>
>>8394869
I don't, it distracts me
>>
>>8395254
iktf. 20 rn and probably will be alone until for a while
>>
Lubomyr Melnyk
>>
>>8394869
I never listen to music because I like reading outdoors. The sounds of the city or of nature, however loud, don't seem to faze me. Lately I've found that I love to hear a large diesel engine idling nearby as I read. I go to the train station and find the nearest bench to an idling locomotive and sit there to read until that train leaves, then move on to another platform. I glance sideways and see the railway workers looking at me either condescendingly or with a slight unease. They must think I'm either some kind of locomotive pervert or a terrorist -- I do look a bit Arabish -- the book being just my flimsy disguise.

The one time I heard them snort in amusement was when the driver sounded the horn unexpectedly and I gasped loudly and almost dropped the book but grabbed it with the tip of two fingers and held it upside down for a little while, gazing towards the horizon and catching my breath. He must have done it on purpose. Now I've trained myself to show at most a slight and dignified startle with minimal hand quaking when the sneaky toot comes.
>>
>>8395254
>settle for some single mom
Nothing wrong with that, mate. And you won't mind in your late 20s unless you don't mature at all.

>or some skank who's a certified veteran of the cock carousel

Which is what you want. Women without a few types of sexual/relationship experience are fucking awful.

>Hard not to feel down when I know that I'll be lonely *at least* until my late 20s,

Really doubtful, unless you're in prison or stuck on some island. But it sounds like your tendency to call women skanks and bemoan single mothers is part of your fucking problem. How are you going to stop being lonely if you're such a wanker?

Sorry, but I see too many young people who reckon they'll be lonely forever demeaning women. Like, what do you expect.
>>
>>8395278
this 2bh
>>
>>8395275
listen to field recordings
>>
>>8395299
Do those include any idling locomotive diesel engine sounds? Class 66 with EMD engine, perhaps?
>>
>>8395319
idk about that.
Here's this https://youtu.be/N9pOq8u6-bA
>>
>>8395211
The Nocturnes are great reading music. They're pretty consistently among the songs I choose when reading, so I think you may also like:

Satie's Gymnopedies (only three of them, all very similar, but so pleasant that I've found myself listening to them on repeat for hours without really noticing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0koaxjHP5Q8

Debussy's Suite Bergamasque: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGcEYALnk8s

Also there are a lot of great Beethoven piano & violin sonatas & concertos, but many are more active and might be too much for background music. A lot of personal preference, but definitely sound them out to see if you like any.
>>
I listen to the Game of Thrones soundtrack while reading ASOIAF :)
>>
This thread is always fun.
>>
File: Crashing this plane.gif (2MB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
Crashing this plane.gif
2MB, 400x332px
>>8395278

>Nothing wrong with that, mate.

Certified cuck.

>Which is what you want.

See above. If you settle for someone who's had a hundred dicks, don't be surprised if/when she starts sleeping around.

>But it sounds like your tendency to call women skanks and bemoan single mothers is part of your fucking problem. How are you going to stop being lonely if you're such a wanker?

He's not wrong, though.
>>
>>8395278

Who would settle for a single mom? All you have is constant fucking drama with the kid's dad, not to mention that constant/lingering suspicion that she isn't over him.

Settling for a single mom is permitting another man, with whom you have no connection, to be a constant feature of your life.
>>
>>8395330
thanks mate, you're a good lad
>>
>>8395339
>>8395347

You people are kids, right? Especially the guy going on about "cucks". Go to /pol/.

>If you settle for someone who's had a hundred dicks, don't be surprised if/when she starts sleeping around.

You sound like the cuck. Use your judgement. If you go out with a bitch she'll sleep around. How many cocks she's had has nothing to do with it. If anything, someone who's had zero cocks before you is probably more likely to cheat. You sound like you're under 19.

>Who would settle for a single mom?

Most guys I know who've been with single mothers have said it's incredibly rewarding. There's nothing wrong with single parents. If you like them and their kids, go for it.

>not to mention that constant/lingering suspicion that she isn't over him.

That can be a problem with any relationship, probably more so in ones without kids involved. People who split up after having kids have usually come to the conclusion that they're better off without one another.

>permitting another man, with whom you have no connection, to be a constant feature of your life.

Not a problem for most emotionally well adjusted adults. Sometimes it's just an extra dude you can share a beer with if you get along. Someone to take care of the kid for a while.

It's fine. At a certain age, a woman having a kid probably won't put you off if you otherwise like her. To some people, if they like the kid, it's a plus.
>>
File: really.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>8395382

>You people are kids, right? Especially the guy going on about "cucks". Go to /pol/.

Typical nu-male cuck retort.

>Use your judgement. If you go out with a bitch she'll sleep around.

Try using your own judgement. If someone has a history of, say, taking dozens of dicks, we can make a few educated guesses as to what they're like.

>Most guys I know who've been with single mothers have said it's incredibly rewarding.

You seem to know a lot of cucks.

>People who split up after having kids have usually come to the conclusion that they're better off without one another.

You've never been in a relationship.

>Not a problem for most emotionally well adjusted adults. Sometimes it's just an extra dude you can share a beer with if you get along. Someone to take care of the kid for a while.
>It's fine. At a certain age, a woman having a kid probably won't put you off if you otherwise like her. To some people, if they like the kid, it's a plus.

These are extremely cucked sentiments.
>>
>>8395397
not an argument
>>
>>8395397
>Try using your own judgement. If someone has a history of, say, taking dozens of dicks, we can make a few educated guesses as to what they're like.

That they like taking dicks? Yeah, nice. So what? It doesn't follow that they necessarily cheat. Sleeping with lots of people when you're single means you like sex, or you have low self esteem, or whatever. But if you get lots of sex and are with a loving partner, you don't have a real reason to go jumping on every second dick. People who are pathological sex addicts or nymphomaniacs, to the point it hurts a relationship are very rare.

>You seem to know a lot of cucks.

Being a stepdad is a lot of fun to some people. Maybe, one day, when you grow up, you'll move past the idea of people being "cucks" and allow yourself to take pleasure in some of the bonds you can create in life.

>You've never been in a relationship.

I'm nearly thirty, have had several long lasting relationships, and have plenty of friends and family with children. People usually try to make relationships work with their parents children, if they separate, it's because they've given up on the idea of them working as a couple, usually.

>These are extremely cucked sentiments.

You're going to be alone forever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslyQmbqX0E

I dare you to post comfier music
>>
>>8395421
>parents children

*Childrens other parent.
>>
>>8395421

>That they like taking dicks? Yeah, nice. So what? It doesn't follow that they necessarily cheat.

Ah, to be young and naive again.
>>
>>8395433
Ah, to be young and naive again.
>>
>>8395433
All women like taking dicks. Not all of them cheat.

Anyway, I listen to post-rock when I read.
>>
>>8395425
nigga thats just grieg ripoff
>>
File: Careful lad.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
Careful lad.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>8395460

>Not all of them cheat.

Just most of them.
>>
>>8394869
this and other patrician stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8ioZkb-Sc
>>
I can't listen to anything while reading. I have tried multiple genres and it's just not possibe.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.