[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did this guy actually get wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: ace.jpg (2MB, 2100x1398px) Image search: [Google]
ace.jpg
2MB, 2100x1398px
without reverting to "USSR killed millions"

what did this guy actually get wrong
>>
I feel like you wanted to post a picture of Karl Marx, but accidently posted a picture of Chess Grandmaster Magnus Carlsen
>>
>>8393703
that chess is about theory and not about talent. i'm not surprised that someone with autism would think that.
>>
>>8393706
Look on sci. Because that's what he did
>>
>>8393716
>>8393716
not even slightly funny and overtly retarded response typical of il/lit/erates
>>
>>8393730
fuck you, cunt. fischer random or bust.
>>
Are chess books /lit/? What are some good chess books?
>>
>>8393730
No, it's the truth. I have a friend who is on track to become a grandmaster in a few years and I played probably 200+ games against him in the space of a month after never playing chess for probably a decade. The sad truth is that chess is all about memorizing maneuvers and strategies that someone else pioneered.
>>
>>8393744
Tal's "The Life and Games of Mikhail Tal" is probably the best written chess collection/memoir.

For instruction, Nimzovitsch's "My System" is probably the most famous in terms of writing style.
>>
chess is for autistic robots but i like how that lad looks like a caveman while he's doing it
>>
>>8393831
He's got some strong neanderthal lineage, I bet.
>>
>>8393703
>he was born norwegian
>he publicly expressed support for using the kirsan knock out system to decide the wc
>he grew up to be a rather annoying young man, lacking both the niceness of anand and the heavy bantz of russian born players
>he modeled despite being ugly
>he was born norwegian
>>
>>8393741
this nigga knows what's up
>>
>>8393744
Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess

Good if you're a visual learner who wants to cram 60 Fischer games
>>
>>8393744
Chess for tigers is excellent middlebrow chesslit.
>>
>>8393871
You're confusing two different books.
>>
File: Bobby_Fischer_Teaches_Chess.jpg (41KB, 240x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby_Fischer_Teaches_Chess.jpg
41KB, 240x400px
>>8393875
You're right
>>
>>8393749
We are truly in a bricolage age of chess. However that means there's more room for Tony Miles style players to step in and fuck shit up.

>>8393730
I thought it was hilarious 2bh. I have never heard a more autistic response to "are you autistic?" than from Magnus Carlsun (that's hyperbole for any neuro-atypicals out there).
>>
>>8393805
>Nimzovitsch's "My System" is probably the most famous in terms of writing style.
The problem with My System is just that Hypermodernism is one very small piece of a well rounded chess player puzzle. Imo you're better off starting with a classical text.
>>
>>8393867
>>he modeled despite being ugly
I don't know if I would say he's ugly. He probably gets more pussy than you, although maybe that's not a fair comparison. I would say he looks very masculine, in a bit of a lumberjack sort of way. I'm a guy and I don't go for that, but I know a lot of women do.
>>
>>8393716
Even Go is about theory and its actually beautiful and not an overrated kludge. Things don't need to be ineffable to have aesthetic value.
>>
>>8393867
he looks pretty much like Jesse Plemons.
>>
>>8393903
>Bricolage age of Chess
>computers consistently win and book-moves dominate the opening

Just give up on your darkages fairytale game and start playing something with the organic immanence of Go.
>>
>>8393703
Who wears a jacket and shirt with logos on them? I don't care who's sponsoring you, that's tacky as hell.
>>
>>8394041
If go is so beautiful why is there no go equivalent of endgame studies?
>computers consistently win
Anon, I habe some bad news...
>>
>>8394048
it's meta-capitalism
>>
>>8393903
>response to "are you autistic?"
Link?
>>
>>8394041
>Go
Go fuck yourself. Go fucked itself.
>>
>>8394071
In an interview with Nettavisen they asked him if he had an autism spectrum disorder and his answer was "isn't it obvious?"

5 years later in another interview he clarified that he meant "obviously not".
>>
>>8394041
>computers consistently win
Can't win if you don't play them. Bricolage is book moves btw.
>>
>>8394088
It's good that he clarified that. Now we know what he actually thinks.
>>
>>8394088
Holy shit.
>>
>>8394098
Or do we? Is he a secret Poker player trying to bluff us?
>>
>>8394041
>tart playing something with the organic immanence of Go.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/03/15/google-ai-beats-go-world-champion-again-to-complete-historic-4-1-series-victory/

humans BTFO
>>
>>8394108
Yes but its not a blowout with 80s technology. I think computers will probably supersede us in every conceivable way at some point.
>>
>>8394156
I fucking doubt it. Unless you use the term "computer" pretty loosely.

Human brains are way better than anything artificial. They're just also way more concerned with being human.
>>
>>8394066
because in Go the endgame is not predictable dipshit. But there are heuristics about how to determine the order of the endgame moves based on their thermography.
>>
>>8394169
Special purpose hardware has usually lost out in the ned.
>>
>>8394156
>I think computers will probably supersede us in every conceivable way at some point.
>because a massive room of expensive computers just about managed to beat someone at a fun game
>>
>>8394181
*the end
>>
>>8394169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

we're gonna get btfo in general
>>
>>8394225
>CGPGrey
>>
>>8394189
you sound like a sceptical cunt from the 1960s
>>
>>8394230
no bully he's on the upper end of reddit tier youtube channels
>>
>>8394239
You are not wrong.
>>
>>8394231
Still waiting on that flying car and robot butler bro
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.