[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in fate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 0009f06d-1500.jpg (173KB, 1500x844px)
0009f06d-1500.jpg
173KB, 1500x844px
Do you believe in fate?
>>
>>8393551
Depends what you mean. Not in any supernatural sense.
>>
Kinda
>>
>>8393555
I think I might be leaning towards supernatural, actually.
>>
There is a strong sensation someone is pulling the strings "up there".
>>
I totally believe in the supernatural, and, yes, someone is definitely pulling the strings "up there"...
>>
>>8393551
Fate is believing you aren't in control of your actions, so you bear no responsibility.

That's bullshit. We live in a random universe and every decision we make changes our "fate".

So we must take responsibility for our actions, our decisions, and make the best of every situation.
>>
>>8393746
this desu

why would anyone voluntarily choose to believe that our lives are written out before we even take our first breath? If nothing I do is up to me, then how can I still say it's "my" life?
>>
>>8393625
Language game.
>>
In the flow of life there are certainly sinks and sources. The question is how the flows diverge, if they're bounded or chaotic or so on. But a force that can be adequately described as fate? Certainly, in a linguistic sense if not a metaphysical one.
>>
>>8393764

>why would anyone voluntarily choose to believe that our lives are written out before we even take our first breath?

Think about what you just said
>>
Sometimes certain shit happens that makes you think it can't be just accident.
>>
I'm not sure why you would. It's game theory in what you should believe.

>Believe in determinism, determinism is true, nothing lost or gained
>Believe in determinism, determinism is false, your actions will be determined by other actors
>Believe in free will, free will is false, no better off than if you think determinism is true and it is true
>Believe in free will, free will is true, better off than believing in determinism in both scenarios
>>
>>8394094
Because this: >>8393985
>>
>>8394103
That doesn't prove determinism to be true, but rather a force which has enough influence to create situations that are too coincidental to happen by accident.
>>
>>8393625
How do you know?
>>
>>8394122
I'm very interested in that force.
>>
>>8393551
Not exactly.
I believe in determinism whilst factoring the randomness inherent to everything. For example, potentials change the shape of wavefunctions but not their probabilistic nature.
>>
File: index.png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
10KB, 225x225px
>>8394138
>Print this out
>Sit down in a low light area
>Stare at this, chant "pay mon" and rock back and forth
>???
>Profit
>>
>>8394155
Tell me a secret.
>>
>>8393746
And all the universe,all the causes and effects just fall right in the place in order to have you,another piece in the domino line,write exactly this,and your brain would create other imaginary universes so you can say "what if".
>>
File: 1430946502163.png (608KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1430946502163.png
608KB, 499x499px
I REALLY like personifying the random and meaningless vicissitudes of life as a woman. When anything "bad" (inb4 :^)spookyskelekekekek!!1) I can exclaim as follows:

"BAAHH Fortuna pisses on me!"

"Fortuna, you capricious slut!"

"Napoleon was a man of destiny! he seized Fortuna by her flowing hair and ravaged her in every hole!"

>inb4 yes yes, very good anon, very good HOWEVER

yes yes "internalized misogyny".. Spare me your psychobabble please! this is not sexual violence caused by my impotency or virginal frustration. It just makes me laugh in an INAUTHENTIC way (R.I.P.D.F.W.).

Take, this pretty thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpelSFTFkHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6CCePrJlaU

MY SWEET GIRL!!!! you *do* have good blowjob eyes!

HOHOHOHOHO

I would very much like to do extremely violent sexual things to her -- only if totally contractual, cooperative, and consensual obviously :^)

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

this girl has a slappable face -- NO! I hear the keyboard clacks of execration already, "filtered", "reported", and scho on and scho on *sniff* (see, I can use the cool memes, can I play with you guys now?) -- a slappable face. I would like to SLAP her little porcelain doll face and watch the tears gather in her eyes. Ah! how those eyes would glisten with tears, I can feel a pulsing rush of longing, not of love as Homer described, but a longing for POWER, O the twinge of fear that face of fear --- OF SUBMISSION. Again I expect this will all be explained away as some pathology, an irrational fear of women, or that I am some kind of objectively "evil" person. Ho hum, type away, you arch-mediocrities.

//// For those that have stayed ////
You and I alike can see the reality of nature, and man as nature. The desire for POWER not only over a pretty little bird like SAV, but, as we see in life, a power over our own DESTINY. So this post was not as random as it may seem. Fate is forged in the crucible of struggle, the struggle for power -- over others, ourselves, and the universe.

//// For Fortuna ////
O blessed Goddess, grant me one thread of fate that weaves my life into that of """"""""""""""""""poet"""""""""""""""" SAVANNAH BROWN so that I might, but once, slap that face that so deeply yearns to be beaten.

And no, I have NOT taken my meds today.
>>
>>8394262

kill yourself
>>
Can chaos love some people more than others?
>>
>>8394270
oh dear oh dear oh dear. Do you get your kicks bulling the disabled?
>>
>>8394262
What the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>8394262
The French Revolution was a mistake.
>>
>>8394295
The brutish and tragic lives that are lead in century XXI are said to be circumscribed by the will of fate, that is the WILL OF FATE dominating the WILL OF MAN. When we surrender to the meaninglessness of the universe we are surrendering to the will of the universe, the will of the whore, "Fortuna". A man of destiny overcomes this. THE WILL OF MAN dominates the WILL OF FATE, and though this domination, so great men forge their destinies.

(until their thread is cut and THEY DIE!)
>>
>>8394307
Et sic cum homo propter beatitudinem factus sit, quia ipsa est ultimus eius finis, sequeretur quod opus Dei in tam nobili creatura frustraretur, quod reputat inconveniens Psalmista, cum dicit, Psal. LXXXVIII, v. 48: nunquid enim vane constituisti omnes filios hominum?
>>
>>8394332
sit in cum, homo
>>
>>8394340
ummm....... homophobic much?
>>
>>8394342
ad hominum mucho?
>>
>>8394320
Im sorry but thats made up bullshit anon haha
>>
>>8393965
just did

now what, anon?
>>
It is the fate of all to believe that beliefs are worth believing in.
>>
>>8393746
>>8393764
What a uniform opinion! Are you sure you came up with it on your own?
>>
>>8393746
>so you bear no responsibility.

lol
>>
Destined for dubs
>>
Where's that OP image from?
>>
>>8395226
Beckett Happy Days
>>
>>8393746
>>>/leddit/
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.