[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the goal of ending the novel like he did?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: fairwell-arms.jpg (475KB, 546x824px) Image search: [Google]
fairwell-arms.jpg
475KB, 546x824px
What was the goal of ending the novel like he did?
>>
>>8393080
To reiterate his point that life will find you and kill you.
>>
As a proxy to explain war. It never ends for the soldiers, and even if it seems to be definitely convluded and you feel seperated from it, it reclaims you and shows you that it has become a part of you.
>>
>>8393080
>them feels when Catherine asks him never to repeat their special loving nuances with his future loved ones

Aw come on Papa
>>
>>8393131
Oh darling, you musn't speak that way, not now.
>>
>>8393080
Shock value
>>
I sat in silence for a good thirty minutes after finishing this book, it struck me in a way no book had ever or has since.
>>
>>8393093
>>8393111
This. Hem isn't that complex, just real af
>>
The main character is a drunkard (Hemingway's self-insert), and is retelling the story at a bar; he's already smashed. That's why many parts of the story don't make any sense. It's safe to say that's not really what happened.
>>
He had a """"gf"""" that cuckolded him in the real world and so murdered her in the book world.
>>
>>8393559
Who could cuck a beautiful man like this?
>>
>>8393549
Is there an analysis somewhere that speaks about this other than sparknotes?
I like the concept but I've read the book twice and never really got that impression
>>
>>8393660
because people are idiots. men and women will fuck up their relationships by sleeping with people uglier than their current partner because it's a new experience.
>>
>>8393483
This. except it was a more realistic stunned 15 seconds .
>>
>>8393131
>>8393471
>>
>>8393701
Maybe for you, but not everyons on this board is a pleb.
>>
>>8393559
Do you think this is why he went his whole life hating women and writing about his perfect wife, and got divorced like 4 times? All from 1 Italian nurse? That's fucked up, senpai.
>>
For you to make this thread
>>
>>8394053
Really make u think
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.