[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't tell me you guys actually liked this pretentious garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bad book.gif (4MB, 584x900px) Image search: [Google]
bad book.gif
4MB, 584x900px
Don't tell me you guys actually liked this pretentious garbage?
>>
and what if we did, faggot?
>>
>>8392344

I'll do you one better: I didn't even read it!
>>
>>8392349

Good. Save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>8392344
>a book this simple is pretentious
ok small kid
>>
>>8392361

You don't have to write some huge tome to come off as an annoying pseudo-intellectual hipster.
>>
>>8392361
The book is actually incredibly pretentious. On top of that is just poorly written with a nonsense story to tell. The fact that people have said it's the voice of a generation baffles me.
>>
>>8392344
no, tao just furiously samefags here to make it appear so
>>
>>8392375
sure, but it isnt

>>8392399
how is it pretentious
the project in the book is very straightforward, write down his babblings
>>
>>8392399
>The fact that people have said it's the voice of a generation baffles me.
this. it is not a voice of a generation but it surely captures the essence of every directionless urban adult in the first world:
>dull people trying to become interesting in social media
>as they take pharmaceutics to get high and escape from taking decisions
>as they praise their own state of depression
and I'm not even mentioned that the prose looks like an entrance of an edgy teenager blog

I could name quite a few urban and "artsy" people that reminded me characters of this book. It is a product of our times.
>>
This is the opposite of a pretentious book. Please stop posting here
>>
>>8392344
I hated it profoundly actually. And I hated myself for reading it.
>>
I liked it. It did not leave a lasting impression on me like some books do, but it was a good read. I'm a directionless underachieving young adult so I could relate to the characters who made the same retarded mistakes I make. That was nice.
Overall it's a comfy read. Nothing more, but certainly nothing less.
>>
>>8392344
Like it? I haven't read it. Don't tell me you were stupid enough to actually read it.
>>
I thought the long-winded similies were hilarious and related to the characters.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.