[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst piece of shit you ever read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

What's the worst piece of shit you ever read?
>>
>>8391832
gravity's rainbow
>>
>>8391832
Bloodmeme by Corncob "tortillas" YeCarthy.
>>
Blake Butler's books make me physically ill. It would be like if there was a two hour movie based on the videotape sequence in the Ring.
>>
>>8391857
I read a paragraph from one (the one with the puke green text on the cover) and wondered why anyone would publish shit like that, let alone read it.

Are they all written in the same "style"?
>>
Catching fire
One of the only books I couldn't bring myself to finish
>>
>>8391867
No, Cloud Atlas is written somewhat normally, TINY is written like a technical manual, it's dry and boring, Sky Saw (the one with the puke green text) is written like William S Burroughs with Down's Syndrome. They're all terrible in their own ways.
>>
>>8391857
They make me physically angry that they're so fucking dumb/pretentious and yet praised
>>
Twilight, Harry Potter and 50 shades of grey.

Can't believe I hopped on that pop hype train years ago...
>>
>>8391871
You mean scorch atlas. And yeah, Burroughs with DOWNs sounds like what I remember reading a preview of.
>>
>>8391832
A Common Struggle by Patrick Kennedy and Stephen Fried
>>
summer /lit/
>>
HP Lovecraft
>>
>>8391832
This thread
>>
>>8392287
Meta

kys
>>
>>8391832
>>
The Shack. Stopped reading on chapter 5 I think.
>>
Atlas Shrugged
>>
A Modern Utopia. It was so dry that I would zone out frequently, eventuslly reading it became an effort. Only book I have dropped so far. I will probably go back to it eventually, if I can find the time.
>>
my diary desu
>>
File: neckbeardsrus.jpg (46KB, 277x416px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeardsrus.jpg
46KB, 277x416px
>>fedora: the how to guide
>>
Finnegans Wake. A formless and dull mass of phony folklore, a cold pudding of a book. Conventional and drab, redeemed from utter insipidity only by infrequent snatches of heavenly intonations. Detest it. A cancerous growth of fancy word-tissue hardly redeems the dreadful joviality of the folklore and the easy, too easy, allegory. Indifferent to it, as to all regional literature written in dialect. A tragic failure and a frightful bore.
>>
File: No_Longer_Human.jpg (28KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
No_Longer_Human.jpg
28KB, 750x1050px
>>
Battlefield Earth. I was 14 years old and never let my mom buy me a book again.
>>
>>8391875
What the motherfuck
>>
>>8391832
Some tutorials on the internet. If they start like: 'How to read this book' i immediately stop and search for the cheatsheet. If it comes to tutorials i dont care for the personal opinion of the author, i want twitter style. Examples. in the first paragraph.
>>
>>8393029
For example the reason that i still can not code in Haskell ist that the tutorials are so terribly wordy and that the fucking API docs have no concrete practical examples. Compare to the Python docs, this is good stuff. So i code in Python even if i know that Haskell is probably the better language.
>>
Some random Lara Adrian cancer trying to catch a ride on the Twilight hype train.
>>
Definitely The Average American Male by Chad "DoucheLord" Kultgenā€”god it was bad.

Though I didn't actually finish it, so I don't know if it counts. So maybe Deathwatch by Robb White.
>>
>>8393009
ya it was dissappointing desu
>>
dairy queen
other ya trash they made me read in retard English classes in high school
>>
File: Cry-of-the-Icemark-Stuart-Hill.jpg (88KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cry-of-the-Icemark-Stuart-Hill.jpg
88KB, 329x500px
>>8391832
the icemark chronicles

the worst fantasy trash I've ever read. Main character is a mary sue that is/can never be wrong or bested across three novels. Literally cake walks through ever conflict thrown her way as every protagonist is either forced into submission or charmed by her bullying. Only time she makes a "mistake" is when her edge-lord daughter "possesses" her to make a poor tactical choice.

Any likable charter is either portrayed as an irredeemable bad guy who dies anticlimactically or is literally relegated to the MC's cheer squad.

shitty foreshadowing literally on the same level as jeff the killer on the dark nature of one of the main characters and the primary antagonist that is revealed in the final book. Also, he gets killed in the most deus ex way possible of "there's a rule about magic that is never explained and never implied but you just broke it so ha ha you lose." and then they die. Similarly, a bad guy is beaten by the power of friendship earlier in the story.

only read the full trilogy out of spite because i kept holding onto the faintest glimmer of hope that the horrible MC would get what was coming to her, but nope it never happened! honestly the worst book you could give to your kid. better teenage fantasy series for girls in particular would be "in the land of elyon" far superior characters and conflicts.
>>
>>8391832
Bean trees
Shitty work about feminism and immigration i had to read for school
Literally the only positive male character was Mary sue tier pretty boy who was the love interest of the main character
>>
>>8393146
at least there was a positive male character, right?
>>
A lot of /lit/ posts are tied for that position. Some even in this thread.
>>
>>8391832
Catcher in the Rye or Bleachers. Both are complete dog shit.
>>
>>8393157
I don't mind feminism in literature but when it's a poorly written book it just makes it so much worse
It honestly felt like a false flag
>>
>>8391875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZRSqR6p3gI
>>
White Fang, what a piece of shit.
>>
>>8393713
You shut your whore mouth
>>
Return of the king. It felt like eighty percent of the book was describing the places they were walking through, and describing them walking. Made me completely regret getting invested in LOTR. Trying to transfer if The Chocolate Wars (If that's the book I'm remembering) was good. Definitely had me gripped.
>>
>>8394711
Remember, not transfer. Stupid mobile.
>>
The Corrections
>>
>>8391848
Can somebody post the eggs and breakfast copypasta. Shit is hilarious.
>>
>>8391875
What the fuck did I just read, ahaha
>>
>>8391832
Definitely Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. And no, not just because of the memes.
>>
To Kill A Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, Romeo and Juliet
Aragon, life of pi, infinite jest, God is not great - how religion poisons everything, the satanic bible
>>
>>
>>8391875
>people make fun of SFF when this exists
>>
File: thegame.jpg (53KB, 550x682px) Image search: [Google]
thegame.jpg
53KB, 550x682px
>>
>>8393009
when did this stop being shilled?
>>
>>8391832

The Alchemist.

I'm still mad about it. Fuck you for reminding me.
>>
OP, if you would've said "most boring" I could've just said you.

Darn.
>>
File: image.jpg (306KB, 1104x1475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306KB, 1104x1475px
Pic related. Pseudo-intellectual nonsense for the same edgy alt-bros who think Bukowski and smoking are cool. Complete waste of my time. The story about Will Navidson was pretty cool, its a shame it was ruined by Danielewski's "experimental" """"""storytelling."""""""
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.