[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a translated book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (63KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 640x493px
Hi /lit/
Would you recommend buying a book in its original language rather than a translated version of the book?
Pic isn't related at all
>>
>>8389820
It depends. Can you read the original language?
>>
>>8389843
Yes the original language of the book is English. I would prefer the Swedish version though but it costs way more (English: 6 pounds, Swedish: 30 pounds) I'm just wondering if there's a difference in the meaning, maybe some things will make more sense in its original language?
>>
>>8389854
There might be some things lost in translation, so I think if you are fluent in the original language of a particular type of media, you'd do well to experience it in its original format. Especially in your case, with that price difference.

That said, you might find it interesting to read the original English, then go to a library and read a Swedish copy, and compare the two.
>>
You're obviously here because you want someone to make things clear for you, so here it is
READING TRANSLATIONS MAKES YOU LESS GOOD
>>
I have a pretty high vocabulary in my own language, because I've read books for fun almost my entire life. I think OP that you should buy the English one, the more English you read, the easier it will be.

So many books get translated into English that you'll have a leg up on all the other Swede fags who have to wait decades for a Swedish translation that may or may not ever come.
>>
>>8389870
Thanks for the tip anon I'm just gonna read both languages and see :P >>8389874
Haha why? XD
>>8389919
I'm gonna read the English one I also need to practice my English because I'm ending English A this year :) "swede fags" haha rude desu xD
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.