[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a protagonist relatable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: tobeconti.jpg (28KB, 567x320px) Image search: [Google]
tobeconti.jpg
28KB, 567x320px
What makes a protagonist relatable?
>>
For me, a spree of brutal rapes
>>
>>8389787
thinking he's special
>>
>>8389787

Basically suffering and quirks. Be sure not to go overboard though. Make sure they are likeable as well. What makes a protagonist likeable? Proactivity, competence and kindness. As for the latter, your character doesn't have to be a goody-two-shoes, but if your sadist blind samurai paid assassin who was bullied growing up and is obsessed with coffee and cherry pie saves the money he earns killing people so he can buy a cure for his young daughter's terrible illness, we can get somewhere while still keeping him "evil".
>>
>>8390406
Sorry to interrupt but I'm gonna have to copyright that character
>>
Smart, but lazy and misunderstood. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>>8389787
being a white male
>>
>>8390406
i like you and would like to converse with you
>>
File: 1456859206832.png (324KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456859206832.png
324KB, 720x480px
>>8389787
>the protagonist needs to be "relatable"
>>
I tend to relate most to characters like Ivan Karamazov, Stephen Dedalus, and Sergeant-Major Tronk. People who are level-headed and take the time to think about the most objectively rational solution even if it isn't necessarily the "right" thing to do.
>>
>>8389787
>relatable
Well since you're clearly targeting an audience that's adolescent or developmentally stuck in adolescence, just make them wracked by insecurity yet filled with cautious optimism.
>>
File: whaaat.jpg (51KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
whaaat.jpg
51KB, 680x383px
>>8390468
>>
>>8390503
I meant I liked your reply jeez
>>
>>8390503
be my waifu, anon.
>>
>>8390489
>autism
>>
>>8390511
I am the anon you replied to and I agree.
>>
>>8390508

I was being tsundere! Didn't mean to reject you, anon. Sorry.

>>8390509

Y-yes.
>>
>>8390539
tell me about your favorite protagonist my cute waifu.
>>
>>8390539
>Didn't mean to reject you
understandable. so, kik?
>>
>>8389787
>What makes a protagonist relatable?
For me its when they're not Idealist nor Cynics
>>
>>8390552

This is getting heated fast ...

I like Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks, which is where I got the cherry and pie from.

>>8390562

I-I don't have kik.
>>
>>8390571
>I-I don't have a kik.
what a slut
how am i supposed to converse with you onlime then
>>
>>8390571
ooh so you like lynch then, why heated? you said yes to me :3
>>
Why does everyone seem so sure I'm a girl

>>8390577
>>8390580

Anyway whoever wants can mail me their Skype on [email protected] with a convincing reasons of why I should talk to YOU.

Just to stay on topic, as opposed to characters that are generally relatable most people here are saying what they personally find relatable in a character. I guess for me it's when a character is kind of angsty & soft-hearted. Like the main guy in Catcher in the Rye.
>>
>>8390592
no one suspected that you are a girl, everyone wants the boipucci
>>
>>8389787
Having a big dicc
>:3
>>
File: wr.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wr.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>8390594

W-what ...

This is the weirdest spontaneous conversations I've had in a 4chan thread, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>8389787
A sympathetic reader
>>
>>8390600
you are just making yourself more desirable
>>
>>8390592
i'm writing a short persuasive essay as we speak, i'm on my third page and i will send it shortly. hopefully i won't disappoint.
>>
>>8389787
inner rage that we all feel.
>>
if there's a girl in this thread, could she please post her feet
>>
Alpha male with a big house, fast car, a smoking hot girlfriend, and a cute boyfriend.
>>
>>8390447
j-john green?
or is that Steven Moffat?
>>
>>8390468
These kinds of posts are becoming increasingly common on /lit/. Its fine if you're just saying it, but I get the feeling that some of you fucks are actually trying desperately to reach out and make friends through 4chan. Which is NEVER a good idea.
>>
>>8389787
Having motivations and a character. /thread
>>
>>8391034
i just want to pound some insecure cute boi butt, desu
>>
>>8391121
I thought that was what /soc/ was for? I like insecure boipuccy as much as the next guy but this board is for talking about books nd shit
>>
>>8391077
This

As long as they're actually a character thats all you need. Dont give a fuck about making them "relatable" to any which group.
>>
>>8389787
Hebephilia
>>
>>8390447
Rick, from Rick and Morty?
>>
>>8391034
Calm down there buddy, I know taking things out of context is /lit/s job but get back to your journal.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.