[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiction books with heavy religious themes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (27KB, 436x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 436x337px
I feel like reading something that is set during or before the renaissance and has a heavy theme on religion. Preferably christianity or islam.

Any good books that fit this description? Thanks in advance
>>
My upcoming novel famalam
>>
Hilary Mantel's "Wolf Hall"

Read it. It's good.
>>
>>8388408
The Divine comedy
Song of Roland
Canterbury Tales
The Decameron

Honestly, there's not that much fiction with religious themes in that time, but there is a lot of non fiction.
>>
File: Fu8QH0.jpg (108KB, 797x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Fu8QH0.jpg
108KB, 797x1240px
>>
>>8388408
the bible haHAA
>>
File: The-power-and-the-glory.jpg (31KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
The-power-and-the-glory.jpg
31KB, 400x600px
>>8388408
After the renaissance but Mexico is such a shithole it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>8388431

/r/athiesm
>>
>>8388437
Typo
>>
>>8388431
>fiction

>>8388408
Bumping for Islam question. 1001 nights I assume? Haven't read it yet.
>>
>>8388408
Agallamh na SeanĂ³rach is one of the crowning jewels of Irish mythology and deals with the meeting of pagan and christian Ireland. It doesn't have explicitly christian allegory or anything but it's based.
>>
I think religion is very romantic, like war, nuclear accidents, India, America and other anthropogenic hazards.

For all of my life I've lived in an atheist country, raised by atheist parents. I still vividly remember the first time I visited a church in Italy. It was unreal. Clearly a thing of fiction, not something that should exist in real life. I still have a hard time handling it.
>>
>>8388625
I bet you play vidya
>>
Huysmans -The Damned
>>
>>8388408
Death and the Dervish- by Mesa Selimovic
if you can find it though....
>>
Wouldn't James Joyce count? Sure, a lot of his are criticisms about Catholicism in Ireland, but he writes more about Catholicism than most Catholic writers.
>>
The Lord of The Rings
>>
>>8388625
>I know little about religion but i went to church once and it made me uncomfortable and therefore religion shouldn't exist
if you put a little less effort into your rhetoric and a little more effort into your understanding then you wouldn't need the rhetoric in the first place
>>
>>8388547
>Bumping for Islam question. 1001 nights I assume? Haven't read it yet.
>>>>>8390131
>>
File: sword.jpg (9KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
sword.jpg
9KB, 188x188px
>nobody's suggested Name of the Rose yet
>>
The power and the glory, although that is baby high school tier reading
>>
Elie Wiesel
>>
The Bible is p gud
>>
Midnight's Children.
East of Eden.
>>
>>8388408
Huxley's Grey Eminence is towards the end of the era
>>
East of Eden
The Recognitions
Dostoyevski
>>
decameron
hayy ibn yaqzan
theologus autodictatus
dante's trilogy
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.