[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bizarre / experimental lit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 3 faves.png (611KB, 613x368px) Image search: [Google]
3 faves.png
611KB, 613x368px
I'm looking for other authors with similar styles as these posted. Especially Burroughs, Beckett, Yeats and Bukowski and the three novellas represented

(others in mind Pessoa, Wittgenstein, Baudelaire, Sam Pink, Pynchon, Joyce, etc.)

Also, feel free to use the thread to discuss all kinds of complex, weird, experimental, etc. literature.
>>
File: 1467183841534.png (87KB, 268x325px) Image search: [Google]
1467183841534.png
87KB, 268x325px
>Bizarre / experimental lit
>Camus
please read/lurk for at least a year before posting
>>
www.activeabuse.com

check this out. modern day james joyce?
>>
>wittgenstein
>experimental lit
is the holy bible experimental lit too?
>>
>>8386787
>>8386796

No, no. The thread title is kinda just there to catch attention on the "subject".

Camus is totally normal, so is Wittgenstein. I'm only looking to similar authors to them. But i usually used it to describe Burroughs and Beckett, which is more on what style im looking for.

The others are others that I also enjoy.
idk, I explained badly. And yeah, I lurk here a lot.
>>
Read Ballard
>>
Juan Goysoto - Quarantine
Finnegans Wake
Gaddis
Gass
Celine
>>
>>8386776
Ballard, especially The Atrocity Exhibition (and Crash to a lesser extent).
>>
>>8386807
>>8386812
I have read a couple of his short prose and didn't really catch my attention. I'll try it out again, though!
>>8386808
Finnegans Wake ofc
Celine I read Voyage.
Thanks too.

Gaddis I feel it's one of those authors I should already have read but haven't got up with.
>>
>>8386776
>mocking up your favorite books in photoshop and then covering them in visual noise
god you disgust me. it seems clear you use "experimental art" as an identity. did you listen to post rock or vaporwave while you photoshopped this?
>>
>>8386776
Are you me?

I recommend Barthelme's 60 stories.

>>8386808
>Juan Goysoto - Quarantine

The only result I get for this is links to /lit/ threads. l m a o
>>
>>8386851
I don't get the mocking part.
I grabbed the images as they were and made it in like 3 seconds, idk what you mean about "experimental art" which in itself i don't consider to be a variant or subgenre or anything of art, it's inexistent.

All art is experimental in a sense, but what I referred to on the title was experimental as the approach / process to make the books and the outcome.

If you want to help me find a few books to read, then fine, if not i'm sorry to have disturbed you. Good night.
>>
>>8386860
Yes I'm you. Any specific titles? A bunch of them show up, for Barthelme.

I don't think the two first were serious in itself, just joking i guess.
>>
>>8386868
The novel Sixty Stories by Donald Barthelme.
>>
>>8386875
Oh, sorry, I just looked up 'stories' without the sixty (I kinda ignored it because you wrote it as a number, sorry).

Thanks, looks really good
>>
>>8386808
>>8386860
it's Goytisolo
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 640x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 640x605px
>>8386860
Whoops

I was spelling the author's last name wrong

Pic related Here's what it looks like and is
>>
Have you read Kafka, OP? If you like him, check out Bruno Schulz.

Flann O'Brien is strange, but also pretty funny.

Comte de Lautréamont's "Songs of Maldoror" was a big influence on the Surrealists.
>>
>>8386912
Yeah, I really like his anxious atmospheres.

A friend gifted At Swim-Two-Birds just a few days ago and said i'd love it. I'm really digging it so far.

Songs of Maldoror has been on my to-do list but I always get thrown away out of it for some reason, guess i'll have to ease it up.

Thanks!
>>
>>8386790
this is the best recommendation
>>
>>8386808
>>8386823
>I should already have read but haven't got up with.
It is. He is an influence on most off the writers you mention, so...

JR is better than teh Reconing, btw
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.