[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is satire, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Rye_catcher.jpg (70KB, 223x351px) Image search: [Google]
Rye_catcher.jpg
70KB, 223x351px
This is satire, right?
>>
Idk you should ask him
>>
It's basically just The Recognitions for teens.
>>
No. At the time stories about troubled youth was very original and provocative, and even when those stories are rampant in today's fiction, Catcher still does it better than nearly all of them. It's very well written, and its protagonist isn't just another angsty teen. Catcher is obviously traumatised over his brother's death and his friend's suicide and his possible sexual abuse and idealizes childhood because of it. And then he finally learns to accept the fall of innocence and let children take care of themselves in the world.
>>
>>8385550
So Holden isn't a caricature of teen, it's just that so many authors poorly tried to emulate salinger that he appears to be another angsty cunt?
I interpreted Holden as being a commentary on western youth that was spoiled following the depression and WWII.
>>
No. Read my twisted world.
>>
Modern ya fiction has retroactivity made Catcher seem a lot shittier than it is, though it's not as unique as I think it was originally

Not an amazing book but as easily one of my favorites in high school and leagues above other angsty teenage books
>>
Read it twice. Once when you're a youth to relate to Holden, and once when you're older to relate to the adults around him and realize you what a shit he was.
>>
>>8387302
And a third time yields what perspective,?
>>
>>8387307

That, ultimately, you realize the only shit is YOU because you read the same gay book three times.
>>
>>8387302

When I was in junior high I read it both ways.

Because I'm better than you and I have more money, and my literary penis is mightier than yours.
>>
>>8385524

Rape is no joke
>>
>>8387722
It is when you think about putting that nigga in a cage for 25 years.
>>
>>8385544
It came out 4 years before the recognitions you chump,
>>
Why did he rape his sister?
>>
>>8388281
Are you trying to make a point
>>
>>8385573
Nah, Salinger is one of the most empathetic authors of all time. He's not mocking Holden but he also clearly shows how limited Holden's understanding of his surroundings is.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.