[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is NaNoWriMo something you guys discuss?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 8O4P3eT.png (36KB, 847x1236px) Image search: [Google]
8O4P3eT.png
36KB, 847x1236px
Is NaNoWriMo something you guys discuss?
>>
Sadly.
>>
Pretty much every thread about it here that I've seen has been people shitting on it. Which is really all there is to say about it t b h.
>>
>>8382793
Do they not like how it prioritizes quantity over quality?
>>
>>8382798
Basically, but there's also the way it promotes the idea of novel-writing as a group activity for tryhard pseuds and tumblrites who all want to write the same exact vapid YA book.
>>
>>8382749
What is NaNoWriMo? I saw it on a poster once I thought it was just jibberish
>>
>>8382749
I did it back in 2012 while still in highschool. The experience writing a 50,000 word book in a month made me feel confident about writing. But the actual book I made was so bad I still haven't edited it (doubt I ever will unless I condense it down to a short story).

It's a good mark of discipline, writing at least 2k words a day for a month. It won't promise good books though.
>>
>>8383014
National Novel Writing Month
http://nanowrimo.org/
>>
>>8383014
It's this retarded social media thing where people try to write 50,000 words (either as a complete "novel" or just as part of one that'll be finished later) during November.
>>
>>8382749
I like the idea of it, but the one time I signed up the experience was all server crashes and SJWs snickering about the white man.

So I'm left to fantasize about high-volume writing on my own.
>>
>>8382910
Compared to neckbeards and pseuds who write the same shit mimicking their favourite authors? At least some NaNoWriMo faggots get the job done instead of just talking about writing.

>>8383023
It sounds doable if you have some kind of a plan at start, or use the first two days for outlining. Still will be an editing hell but every novel is.
>>
>>8382749
why would i write only in a particular month
i write all the time because it's fun
>>
>>8383109
Thinking of it as a "job" to "get done" is exactly the problem, no matter who's doing it or who their role models are.

Just churning out 50-80k words in a month isn't especially hard if you're not doing anything else. I've done it before and called the results a "book". It's just not a particularly worthwhile use of one's time and energy unless more than a month's forethought went into it before the shitstorm of writing and you actually make an attempt at getting it presentable (which it won't be on its own if you puked it up over a month) afterwards.

It's a lot more reasonable to try and write the first draft of something that length over the course of 3-5 months (not including initial outlining, later drafts, editing, or proofreading) than one because that actually gives you time to think about what you're doing and increases the chances of it not being a pile of vapid shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.