[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which denomination of Christianity is most accurate practice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: David Hilbert.jpg (16KB, 297x400px) Image search: [Google]
David Hilbert.jpg
16KB, 297x400px
is it Pentecostalism?
>>
>>8379763
There is no "most accurate practice of the Bible". The Bible is only half of Christianity, and the other half is doctrine. Orthodox Christianity is the most accurate because it's literally the same practice that has been done since the Apostles.
>>
>>8379763
east orthodox
>>
File: download (5).jpg (14KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
14KB, 200x252px
>>8379901
> it's literally the same practice that has been done since the Apostles

1000 drachmas have been deposited in your account.
>>
File: eat shit.jpg (196KB, 640x1920px) Image search: [Google]
eat shit.jpg
196KB, 640x1920px
It's the Amish, now just fuck off and dont bother other people with your faggotry
>>
Orthodox
>>
How does Orthodox differ from Catholicism, like the major differences? That is, if you feel like sharing. Im curious.
>>
>>8379992
Catholicism, while being the most "academic", also made a bunch of shit up. Holy water, confession to a priest, purgatory, infant baptism, etc. None of that is Biblical.

I do have a deep respect for Catholicism and their theological pursuits, but I myself couldn't be a Catholic. Too systemic.

Orthodox, while more personal and biblical, lacks the academic advantage of Catholicism, as well at its gravitas.
>>
>>8379763
Puritanism for the faithful

Catholicism for the buereucratic
>>
reformed congregationalists desu
>>
>>8379992
Catholics decided that, since the Pope is the voice of God, he gets to change and amend the scriptures as he sees fit, so Catholicism is a very different faith now than it was back when the Orthodox and Catholic Churches were one. Catholicism is also governed by Vatican 2 now, so it's pretty much a different church entirely. The Orthodox Church, on the other hand, has always been as anti-innovation as possible and has tried to keep things consistent since its establishment. It lacks the welcoming modern appeal of Catholicism but it's more traditional and more Christian.
>>
>>8379992
Orthodox = mysticism, reactionary
Catholicism = theology, progressive
>>
>>8379763
As a former Pentecostal (whose grand-father was a patriarch of the UPCI).. no. It had some major failing, but it's upsides are undeniable.
>>
>>8379763
fucking none of them

but anything that has anything to do with america is automatically disqualified

i was so fucking mad when i looked into christianity more
>>
>>8379763
Cathars unite!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.