[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some Lynchian books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (908KB, 490x257px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
908KB, 490x257px
What are some Lynchian books?
>>
Kafka
>>
Dunno, but DWF has a great essay on Lynch (great iff you like both DFW and Lynch)

http://www.lynchnet.com/lh/lhpremiere.html
>>
Hawkes has a few that capture a similar sort of feeling as Eraserhead.

The Cannibal
Death, Sleep & The Traveler
The Passion Artist
The Lime Twig
The Beetle Leg

Parts of Second Skin too I guess.
>>
>>8379047
>>8379074
w r o n g

anything surreal is not lynch, just as anything surreal is not 'kafkaesque'

the most lynchian literature is probbaly reading harlequin romance novels on deleriants
>>
>>8379086
Hawkes is described as "surreal" by some critics but that's not really accurate.
>>
>>8379086
I only posted Kafka as it's listed as one of Lynch's influences

not because it's Lynchesque
>>
>>8379086
Eraserhead is literally the most kafkaesque movie to ever exist though
>>
It's hard because theyre such different mediums but gravitys rainbow is the closest to lynch that ive come across in literature. Kafka seems like the obvious answer but he doesnt really seem as interested in dreams and the sub conscious as lynch is. Jerzy Kosinski is very similar to kafka and has even more surrealist and grittier elements, however he also deals more with the day to day consciousness and slog of being lonely than lynchs dream scenarios.
>>
>>8379190
it is somewhat kafkaesque but it's barely lynchian
>>
>>8379045
Naked Lunch
>>
>>8379199
When I read the Pynch, it tends to remind me of Frank Zappa for some reason. Never Lynch tho, really.
>>
>>8379045
Hunger by Knut Hamsun
>>
The Songs of Maldoror is the literary equivalent of Eraserhead.

>I saw a tomb in front of me. I heard a glow-worm, as big as a house, say to me: “I will give you light. Read the inscription. This supreme order is not from me.” During this time, a beautiful naked woman came and lay down at my feet. I (sadly to her): “You may rise.” I held out a hand; the one that the fratricide uses to cut the throat of his sister. The glow-worm (to me): “You; take a stone and kill her. – “Why?” I asked it. It (to me): “Take care; you are the weaker; I am the stronger. This woman’s name is Prostitution.”
>>
>>8379047
>>8379086
Reading The Trial by Kafka right now and often the vibe reminds me of Mullholland Drive. Lynch usually gives me this ambient, lonely, confused vibe, where bizarre, unnatural things happen, but the characters go on unfazed. Try The Trial.
>>
>>8379375
Zappa and Pynchon remind me of each other as well. I think it's the kind of technicality mixed with a certain type of humor. Like how Zappa will get his extremely disciplined band to play purposely out of key versions of pop melodies or Pynchon using his excellent prose to describe people smoking weed out of a kazoo.

Primus is the same way imo.
>>
I heard Murakami has a few ones similar to TP and such
>>
>>8379045
A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O'Connor could easily be a Lynch movie
>>
>>8379045
Jacques Lacan - Ecrits
>>
>>8379199
>this whole post
we get it, you're a pleb
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.