[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

memes and quality aside. how does he come up with so many ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

memes and quality aside. how does he come up with so many ideas
>>
weed
>>
>>8376730
which ones impressed you as creative? genuinely interested
>>
are any of his ideas actually original in any meaningful way?
>>
cocaine
>>
alpha brain by Joe Rogan
>>
>>8376767
kek
>>
Infowars Nutri-cuticals.
>>
Diabetics
>>
Pedophilia
>>
They're all variations on the same idea, pretty much. What if (paranormal event) happened in a small town and (young boy/man experiencing a midlife crisis) was caught in the middle of it with his friends, but ended up overcoming it with (the power of god/accidentally blowing it up)?
>>
>>8376730
It's a special collaboration of circumstances. the fucker writes like 3000 words a day and no matter how fucking awful it i, he can get it published because his name is Stephen King, and people will buy his shit regardless.

put simply: good work ethic, greedy publishers who don't care about quality, and blind fan boys who will eat his shit up regardless
>>
>>8376730
>quality aside

you answered your own question
>>
>>8376750
+ alcohol
>>
>>8376730
He doesn't, he just has an insane amount of willpower and manages to see every idea through until it's finished.
>>
>>8376746
What's meaningful originality?
>>
>what if there was a haunted cellphone?

It's that easy
>>
>>8376730
1. free time
2. practice
3. having a good imagination

It's those things in that order, possibly with 2 and 3 switched around.

That's how anyone gets their ideas, just in different amounts.

>>8376833
A lot of his short stories (and segments of his novels) are set in urban areas. Also there's a lot of variation in the type of paranormal event, from demons to monsters to aliens to zombies to vampires to extra-universal horrors. Also also a lot of his stuff isn't horror or supernatural.
>t. fanboy
I've only read three of his books. I thought one was simultaneously overwrought and not fleshed out enough (The Dead Zone) and liked about half of another (Nightmares and Dreamscapes, which was also overwrought in places despite being a book of short stories, and which was like 75% horror or supernatural by story count and around 50% by page count).
>>
Probably a combination of the fact that the guy has lived a life and has written several thousand words per day since 1970 or whenever.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.